Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Senior Officer, Internal Communications & Media Relations is an integral member of the Corporate Communications team and is responsible for the implementation of internal communications strategies and action plans that ensures Kenya Airway’s employees are kept informed, motivated, and aligned to achieving the organization’s business objectives, mission, and vision. The role is also responsible for overseeing communications to the media, including preparing and pitching articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives.
The role coordinates engagement with internal stakeholders in departments and subsidiaries and works closely with the Department’s leadership to package and compile key communication information internally for purposes of advancing Kenya Airways’ corporate objectives whilst safeguarding its interest and reputation. The role is also accountable for internal communication platforms to ensure efficient and effective reach of all staff across the Kenya Airway’s network.
Working closely with Departmental executives, the Senior Officer, Internal Communications & Media Relations will establish organizational messages and keep staff informed of developments as well as formulating the organization’s internal response to crisis PR situations.
Strategy execution and reporting
- Effective implementation of internal communications strategies, programmes and action plans to keep employees informed and motivated to achieve the company’s mission, vision and business objectives in alignment with the overall Corporate Communications Strategy.
- Driving the internal communication agenda through executing planned actions and tactics, including results tracking and reporting.
- Ensuring organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees.
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- As a member of the Crisis Management Team, contributing to the development of, and where required, execution and management of an internal communication plans in line with the Kenya Airways’ Crisis Management Policy.
- Provide general counsel on internal communications to support development and implementation of actions that support delivery of Business objectives in line with the organization’s corporate strategy.
- In liaison with the corporate communications team, support the development of messaging to help the senior leadership team cascade corporate information and create a presence among staff.
- Advise the senior leadership team of developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication.
- Submit periodic reports and briefings to departmental head and executive committee.
- Gather, package and disseminate timely information to press and staff including planning and overseeing of press events.
- Manage the flow of news about Kenya airways to the media, including preparing and pitching press releases, company literature and articles to the media in a timely manner
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the media community
- Develop relationships with national and regional press contacts to ensure the company reputation is promoted.
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties, including researching and writing briefing materials.
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Mainstream internal communication principles within departments through collaboration with teams to tailor make communications solutions for identified projects, including support to development of work plans, budgets, and implementation plans.
- Support and advise departmental communications focal points on maximizing communications and visibility opportunities in line with the organizations’ corporate objectives.
- Budgeting and cost containment and tracking of internal communications related costs centers.
- Planning, management, and execution of internal corporate communication events and providing communication support to departmental events.
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.).
Content Development & Dissemination
- Support editorial story planning and documentation with the communications team for internal dissemination, ensuring messages are consistent across all mediums, including external communications messages.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal mediums including providing direction on layout of content, development of storyboards or translation of ideas to the creative team and designers to develop high quality, impactful messaging and visual products to motivate internal staff.
- Support development of written communications (messages/scripts and presentations) from senior executives for presentation to internal publics.
Staff Relations Management
- Providing timely responses and feedback to staff, taking care to adjust communications content accordingly.
- Developing appropriate responses that convey Kenya Airways’ external position internally to ensure positive perceptions and reputation are maintained.
- Promote, facilitate and build better understanding of the progress made in turnaround projects to achieve greater motivation among staff.
Internal communications platforms
- Responsible for managing and executing innovative online strategies, products, (social media, digital, newsletter etc) and protocols to reach staff, while enhancing motivation and affinity.
- Support the management of the Kenya Airways brand by reinforcing use of the Brand and style guide and standards including logo application and branding within the organization.
Consultants and Procurement Management
- Managing vendors by providing communication services to ensure efficient delivery of quality services that meet Kenya Airways standards
- Development of proposals and related procurement requirements.
- Ensure the planning and delivery of clear and realistic work plans for the internal communications team under purview.
- Ensuring all members are competent to carry out their role, offering coaching and mentoring support to enhance their delivery and capabilities
- Management and delivery of special projects as may from time to time be assigned by the head of department.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Marketingfrom a recognized university.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a busy corporate communications or Public relations environment.
- Previous experience with executive, crisis and internal communications.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Strong PowerPoint presentations & speechwriting skills.
- Executive presence – ability to interact with executives and maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Proven strategic thinking/planning skills from previous engagements with great attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Web-Ex.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills throughout the organization.
- Strong creative skills to devise communication strategies.
- Familiarity with digital skills (information technology, especially digital and video means of communication) is essential.
- Good understanding of communications in the aviation sector will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae quoting the position in the subject of your email to email@example.com by Thursday, 10th June 2021.