Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MSF EASTERN AFRICA
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organisation that provides assistance to people affected by war, conflict, natural disasters, outbreaks and epidemics or healthcare exclusion. The organisation now works in more than 70 countries around the world, with significant projects across East African countries including in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
As an organisation founded by journalists and doctors, communications has a specific role within MSF. We hope to alleviate suffering by providing medical assistance and by speaking out about the suffering we witness in the course of our work. Communications helps to further our organisation´s wider objectives, including by helping us to grow our human and financial base, by communicating to our patients about the services we provide or by sharing health promotion messages.
MSF Eastern Africa is the regional institutional office for MSF. The office focusses on representation and networking, recruiting and supporting staff from the region, communications and fundraising, as well as on other dossiers of importance to MSF such as Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI), mutualization, trainings, medical operational support and environmental health.
From 2018, MSF has been investing in a communications department based in Nairobi to progressively raise the profile of MSF in the region and to support communications and dissemination for crises within East Africa. In the past year the department has also started to develop fundraising to support the development of MSF´s financial base in Kenya.
The multimedia producer will be part of MSF Eastern Africa´s communication team which includes a head of communications and fundraising, a press officer, digital officer, digital marketing officer, and communications and fundraising assistant. The producer will work to create compelling content, which will be disseminated by the wider team; to the media by the press officer (national) and head of department (international), providing support as needed with this process. The producer will also disseminate content to other offices within the MSF movement and will work in close collaboration with communications and production colleagues across MSF´s international network.
The position reports to the head of communications and fundraising and receives technical support as needed from AV production teams across MSF.
This is a full-time position for one year and the candidate should be from within the East African region.
Main responsibilities of the position
The position will take a journalistic approach to seek out and tell strong stories to raise awareness of the humanitarian crises in East Africa and the work of MSF in response. This will involve project managing the production of compelling multimedia content for MSF´s online platforms and for external media.
Adding to the diversity of our communications is also a core objective of the position, and the producer will contribute to ensuring that people from East Africa are given a strong voice in our regional and global output.
Content will be aimed at audiences both within the region and outside of it.
Responsible for creating compelling multimedia content which tells strong and engaging stories, for use on MSF social media channels and that can be pitched externally to media partners by communications colleagues. Although most dissemination will be undertaken by the social and media team, the producer will from time to time send BROLL and other formats as needed to external and internal contacts.
Production will take place both within the MSF EA office and in the organisation´s regional project locations, involving travel to the field including at short notice including during emergencies.
Works with HQ production teams on different versions of the communications products for use in different markets.
Working together with the wider team, helps to develop content styles and products that engage with East African audiences. Adapts international communications packages and materials from the MSF movement that can be relevant to our regional audience, again working with the wider team to determine the most appropriate adaptations.
Promotes innovation, staying aware of trends within multimedia production and media outlets, regularly testing new approaches and formats to engage better with our audiences.
Creates a list of trusted freelancers that can be called on to work with MSF in the field; manages the commissioning of freelancers based on clear objectives and terms of reference for each project.
Disseminates content in line with MSF´s internal standards, to colleagues within MSF as well as to external outlets as needed.
Trains colleagues in the region and provides advice and support on elements of multimedia production, such as storytelling, editing and project management, as needed, either remotely or by visiting project locations.
Liaison with colleagues across MSF
Liaises with communications and production colleagues across the movement in order to manage production and internal dissemination of content according to MSF standards, contributing to the international coordination of MSF video activity.
Works with communications colleagues across the MSF movement to develop and deliver packages, including to validate materials.
Sits within the MSF Eastern Africa communications department, attending regular meetings to contribute to overall strategy.
Contributes to a Analysing the performance of packages and the creation of reports, alongside the members of the EA comms team.
Manages the purchase and upkeep of equipment.
Ensures all materials are filed and archived correctly, on the offices local hard drives and on MSF´s international multimedia database.
Responsible for maintaining and updating licensing and copyright audit trails.
Upholds MSF´s ethical standards around production, including patient consent and confidentiality, as well as our principles.
- Minimum five years’ experience of producing strong multimedia content that tells compelling stories, with a background in either charity, broadcast/digital journalism, or agency production, preferably within East Africa
- Solid project management and production skills, preferably within a journalistic role
- Strong examples of recent work which includes producing engaging content for social media platforms
- Experience with mobile journalism equipment and techniques
- Experience filming with a DSLR camera kit
- Experience of conducting on camera interviews
- Copy/script-writing skills and the ability to adapt style to suit a range of audiences
- Good understanding of editing workflows, including transcoding, ingesting and archiving footage.
- A highly collaborative and cooperative person, with the ability to work with colleagues in different counties
- Thorough understanding of online video channels, social media, emerging technologies and innovative approaches for content creation within the COVID-19 context
- Expert knowledge, skill and experience of Adobe Creative Cloud suite, in particular Adobe Premier Pro
- Ability to work independently to general guidelines; capacity to take initiative and seize opportunities
- Fluent written and spoken English. Regional languages are an asset.
- Commitment to the aims and values of MSF
- Good knowledge of world affairs and a demonstrable understanding of and commitment to humanitarian issues
- Availability to travel and work in programme locations, often at short notice.
- Experience in capacity building and training
- Experience working with live-streaming equipment and platforms
- Position based in Eastern Africa Section (EAS) office
- Full time job.
- Duration of contract: 12 month/1 year.
- Annual gross salary of KES 2,358,905 divided into twelve monthly payments + Secondary benefits based on EAS Reward Policy.
- Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, motivation letter by 13th June 2021, through the weblink provided below.
Please note that MSF will only contact short-listed candidates.
MSF is committed to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization where all individuals (regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, etc.) feel welcomed, respected, supported, and valued and where all individuals have equal opportunities to develop and grow professionally and personally)
We highly encourage women to apply for this position.