Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Mercy corps
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to be stronger and have a long-term impact.
The Sustainable Conflict Management in Arid Land Ecosystems (SCALE) program is funded by the European Commission to strengthen local civil society to work with communities and government authorities to prevent conflict and build sustainable peace within Samburu County, specifically the border areas of Samburu North and Samburu Central. The program specific objective is to improve the capacity of local civil society and community groups to prevent and manage conflicts related to land and natural resources. These objectives are in line with the European Commission’s call for proposals to address three objectives: 1) to strengthen the capacity of Kenyan Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to address conflict dynamics related to land tenure and natural resource; 2) Advance engagement between national and country authorities, private sector and CSOs to enhance governance and management of natural resources to prevent conflict; and 3) promote the role of CSOs in alternative dispute management and resolution systems. The program office is based in Maralal town (Samburu County) and implementation is by CSOs in and around; i) Samburu North- Turkana East and ii) Samburu Central-Laikipia North-Baringo East.
General Position Summary
The Program Support Intern will report to the Program Officer. She/he will support the day-to-day program team in the identification of the needs and opportunities and provide relevant information to facilitate the program team’s ability to develop activity ideas, implement, and report and monitor progress of the intervention.
Purpose of Internship:
The internship is an opportunity for mentorship and capacity building in the areas peacebuilding, Natural Resource Management in the arid ecosystem. This internship will be an ideal opportunity for individuals willing to learn and grow in building partnerships for capacity development.
The Program Support Intern is expected to gain hands-on experience in:
- Developing periodic work plans
- Planning and conducting activities aimed at promoting sustainable natural resource and conflict management
- Writing timely activity and periodic reports
- Participatory action research
- Supporting development of practical reports for dissemination based on experiences from program implementation
- Documenting and sharing all learnings from program implementation
- Maintaining a database that reflects progress and program indicators.
The Intern will support the team through the following activities:
- Support the team in effectively maintaining established Monitoring and Evaluation systems /tool
- Support development and implementation of activity work plans and concept notes
- Support partners in implementation of activities
- Support development of activity and periodic reports
- Engage in stakeholder meetings as required
List of deliverables for the role include:
- Ability to effectively use existing Monitoring and Evaluation tools
- Ability to develop activity work plans and concept notes for review and implementation
- Jointly implement activities with partners in target areas
- Delivery of activity and learning reports (one each) from activities undertaken from learning and reflection sessions
- Ability to collaborate and engage with program partners
- Ability to represent the program in meetings and workshops
- Submission of an internship report at the end of the assignment
Ideal Candidate should posses the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts / Science (complete or in progress) preferably in Conflict/peace Studies, NRM, Governance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Development Studies or appropriate social science discipline
- Good writing, analytical and communication skills, including MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access;
- Training in or proven understanding of data collection and analysis, including sampling and interviewing techniques
- Understanding or exposure in conducting research and analysis from primary and secondary data sources
- Willingness to live and work in Samburu County