Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Study Coordinator, aPS Study
Tracking Code 10738
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with vulnerable populations with the utmost respect and care. We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to vulnerable, key populations, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
We seek to recruit a Study Coordinator for our research team based in Homabay and Kisumu. The Study coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all daily study operations in Homabay and Kisumu, including supervising study personnel, maintaining up-to-date study protocols and approvals, and liaising with key stakeholders, both locally and internationally. He/she will must be self-directed, working with minimal supervision, and must be committed to providing services and care for vulnerable populations, s/he will report to the Site Principal Investigator. This position will be based in Kisumu.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of the study protocol and tools.
- Training staff at study sites.
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board approvals and renewals are obtained for the study and managing study ethics and human subject protection.
- Participate in database development and management.
- Coordinate all meetings required for the success of the study.
- Ensure that necessary supplies/materials are in stock for study implementation.
- Serve as the liaison between the study team, the study Principal Investigator (PI) and collaborators.
- Oversight of study implementation at study sites.
- Coordinate and participate in the data analysis and report writing activities.
- Preparation of study research reports.
- Oversight of study advisory board (SAB) and safety monitoring board (SMB).
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine (MBChB or equivalent). At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role preferably in a health sector or any other related field.
- Prior experience as a research Study Coordinator or Assistant Study Coordinator – mandatory.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice.
- Experience with HIV research, antiretroviral therapy (ART), and HIV testing and counseling (HTC) programs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, coordinate, and accomplish research activities.
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key and priority populations and international partners.
- Familiarity with smart phone technology for data collection, including ODK.
- Attention to detail and good work ethic.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, and conscientious.
- Responsive to multiple communication modalities with international team members.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team.
- Experience working with key and priority populations.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.