Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenyan Chapter of Participatory Ecological Land Use Management (PELUM) Association is a national network of 57 Civil Society Organizations who work with small holder farmers in Kenya.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for financial accounting and material procurement
- Share reports to the Head of Finance and Administration detailing the status and use of monthly and annual accounts
- Guide on budget preparations and discussions whilst supporting programme staff to review activity budgets
- Post all accounting data in to the accounting system
- In liaison with the Senior Finance Officer settle bills and make relevant payments
- Prepare final accounts for submission to the external auditors in accordance with the existing financial policies and procedures
- Maintain an inventory of control of all equipment and ensure effective maintenance and repair of office furniture, fitting and other equipment
- Participate in budget development for various fundraising proposals and processes
- Financial monitoring of funds disbursed to PELUM Kenya Member Organizations
- Administer project float to cater for day to day office operations, ensure proper accounting and surrender of same for replenishment
- Preparation of cheques and processing of funds request vouchers
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of the following desirable qualifications and requirements:
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance and at least CPA II/ ACCA II or CPA K. A combination of both is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years similar-work experience with a busy and vibrant NGO / Network.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive working experience in QuickBooks and Sage. Experience with other computerized accounting packages will be an added advantage.
- Have in depth Knowledge of and experience in fund accounting, management, monitoring and control.
- Ability to work and meet strict internal and external financial reporting deadlines including preparing for internal and external audits (both finance and systems audits)
- Be a team player and builder and able to work for long hours with minimal supervision
- Have strong analytical skills, good communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Honest, professional and full of integrity
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronic applications stating current and expected salary and detailed CVs with a contact mobile phone number, names and contacts of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: FINANCE OFFICER to reach us by June 8, 2021. Applicants should NOT send attach any scanned copies of certificate or testimonials. Only short listed applicants will be acknowledged. PELUM Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.