Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form .
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Relevant PR, media, or communications experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor messages to the right audiences
- Ability to prioritize, and maintain good decision-making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion
- Ability to work with colleagues in various geographies
- Ability to work well as part of a team and lead efforts across disciplines
About The Job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Communications and Public Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for working with communications around our business platforms, consumer products, and the competitive landscape in which we operate. You will work closely with sales, marketing, and product teams and will partner with media outlets and influencers, shaping communications and showing how we help others to grow and succeed. And you’ll be responsible for managing media interest in who we are and what we do.
Flexible working hours may be considered for this position.
It’s our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. To succeed here, you’ll combine creativity with organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to journalists, bloggers and commentators, or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally and isn’t hesitant to take risks or try new things.
- Develop close, productive relationships with journalists, social influencers, key partners, and influencers in tech, business, and mainstream press in Kenya.
- Develop written materials including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, questions and answers (Q&As), presentations, and speeches.
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, Marketing, and other teams across Google to create compelling communication strategies that show the usefulness and key benefits of our advertising and consumer products.
- Represent Google as a company spokesperson for a wide variety of media and blogger inquiries. Assist with all communications activities in Kenya.
- Train and provide guidance to company officials for press activities. Help manage a PR agency to support day-to-day inquiries, special projects, and events.