Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Clerk of Works
Duration of contract: 1 year
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya, Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Clerk of Works.
Duties and responsibilities
- Organizing, supervision of skilled, casual and all contracted laborers working on LWF supervised construction projects within Kakuma Refugee camp.
- Development of sketches, Engineering drawings, Bills of quantities and design of all infrastructural developments within the Area program for further approval by the Area Manager.
- Update the Area Manager and Quality Services Manager on the progress of construction implementation through, daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure a filling system in the construction office is in place for all construction projects to facilitate construction contract management.
- Ensuring quality, timely and professionalism in construction implementation while maintaining industries best practices.
- Carrying out any other duties as delegated/assigned by supervisor or designate
- Adhere to sound and cost-effective operational standards and procedures in transport, stores, procurement, communications and security in the performance of duty.
- Properly utilize supplies, equipment and assets assigned for official duty.
- Responsible for supervising and motivating skilled and unskilled workmen on construction sites in addition to other incentive staff working under him/her in accordance with LWF/DWS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Observe the highest standards of the Code of Conduct for humanitarian workers,
- Refugee protection and prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
- Responsible for reporting to the Area Manager, supervisor or any senior staff any incidents of abuse of authority, all forms of fiscal impropriety and discrimination in LWF/DWS operations.
- To liaise with UNHCR field and technical office, implementing partners’ (IP) field staff and refugee representatives in facilitating community-based services.
- Ensure regular update and contact with the Quality Services manager on issues pertaining construction and any other senior staff of LWF/DWS on all key matters of construction.
- Degree/Diploma in Building and construction, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Qualifications and Experience in Project Management considered a Plus
Relevant Experience and skills
- At least five years of post-qualification Experience.
- At least two years Project Management Experience.
- At least 4 years’ Experience in set ups similar to the LWF Kakuma Area program, working in a humanitarian context, with communities/refugees
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design software such as Auto-CAD, Archi- CAD, Auto-CAD 3D and other related application
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quick response experiences in humanitarian Contexts.
- Possession of negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent Computer skills, with specific competence of working with the Microsoft Office suit.
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Strong inter-personal and team building skills.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
Closing date for applications 7 June 2021
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.