Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Livelihoods Assistant
Duration of contract: 6 Months (with possibility of extension)
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya – Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Livelihoods Assistant – Agriculture
The Livelihood Assistant is responsible for supporting in the development, implementation and monitoring of agricultural interventions in Kakuma Refugee camp and surrounding host community areas. The position holder will provide support in the day-to-day implementation and delivery of responsive, effective and efficient project activities.
The incumbent will report directly to Livelihoods Manager or his/her designate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Mentor and coach farmer groups on the best climate smart agricultural technologies
- Demonstrate nurseries establishments and transplanting of crops
- Undertake practical lessons for farmers on the drip irrigation farms and other dry land farming technologies
- Take farmers through the crop production cycle and seasons with hands on daily supervisions and coaching
- Undertake other agribusiness trainings that link farmers to markets
- Document the farmers produce in the field and stores and train them on the milling concept and value addition.
- Assist farmers in managing project assets and documenting their status.
- Undertake field or farm sites observations and recommend reviews of interventions to the livelihood officer – Agriculture
- Work with the community Food Security/Livelihoods Working Groups in the planning and enrollment of the activities
- Develop timely and accurate weekly, monthly reports as required by the organization.
- Follow up on all beneficiaries regularly to ensure that the implemented activities are in line with schedules provided.
- Participate in the preparation of weekly and monthly plan and schedules to be submitted to the Project Livelihood Officer within given deadlines.
- Prepare and submit reports and other updates of the farmers and field performance as required.
- Establish strong working relationship with targeted communities, including local leaders and identification of local focal points
- Ensure accountability mechanism are embedded in project implementation in coordination with the MEAL team
Academic and professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related qualification
- 2 Years ‘Experience in working with Food Security/Livelihood projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in Refugee context.
- Motor bike licence and riding skills will be an added advantage
- Experience in using MS Excel, MS Office and MS PowerPoint is essential
- Experience in conducting beneficiary identification, verification and registration
- Good team player – work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate and maintain highly professionalism
- Strong administrative skills, Problem solving, conflict resolution skills & ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail
- Good reporting writing skills
- Able to work independently; self-motivated & Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all
Closing date for applications: 10 June 2021
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.