Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At M-KOPA, our aim is to increase access to life-improving technologies at huge scale. We do this through an innovative credit model – pay-as-you-go asset financing – of which M-KOPA was an early global pioneer. With offices in Nairobi, Kampala, Lagos, and London, M-KOPA serves over 1 million low-income households in Sub-Saharan Africa. Since its commercial launch in 2012, M-KOPA has made its name in off-grid solar power, providing customers with solar panels and solar-powered lights, televisions, radios, fridges, and more – this is often our customers’ first access to electricity.
M-KOPA’s affordable credit model can also be applied to assets beyond off-grid solar power, and in 2019, we began providing credit for smartphones, which enables our customers to move from feature phones to smartphones and improve their connectivity, communication, and information access. Today, smartphone financing is a rapidly growing business line – with enormous opportunities for innovation and increasing our customer impact.
M-KOPA currently employs over 1,000 full-time staff across its operating countries. We value progress, innovation, pragmatism, collaboration, and – most of all – our customers. We have been well recognised for our pioneering business model and scale.
To support the finance manager with the recording of transactions, reconciliations financial accounting, treasury, and tax compliance as well as providing financial analysis, forecasts, and results and ensuring adherence to budgets
Key job functions
- Ensuring all transactions are posted timely and accurately
- Assisting with the preparation of the month-end reporting pack
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Assist with the management of the day-to-day finances
- Ensuring financial controls adhere to
- Assist with the preparation of payments to suppliers and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations e.g. returns submitted and taxes paid on time
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and with the compliance of those budgets
- Work closely with the business to ensure they receive the financial analysis required to run their departments
- Providing timely, accurate, and detailed information to assist with internal and external audits
- Review all costs, challenge apparent overspend and suggest areas for cost reduction
- Assist with ad-hoc financial requests
EXperience Skills and Competencies
Experience: Previous experience in a similar role a bonus
- BSc/BA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) Competencies:
- Proficiency in Excel and experience of using accounting software a bonus
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
- Experience of financial analysis and reporting including good understanding of IFRS and accounting principles e.g. accruals
- Good communication skills
- Problem and analytical skills
- Great interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines