Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI) formerly Micronutrient Initiative, is a Canadian based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children, and adolescents. NI implements high impact and low-cost nutrition interventions in Africa. The vision of NI is a world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for IT Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
You will have a degree or diploma in computer science. At least 3 years’ experience in IT Help Desk experience or similar role. Previous experience with SQL, SharePoint, Dynamics GP, Dynamics CRM is an asset. Experience with Microsoft MCP/MCSE/MTA/Microsoft 365 certified or ITIL v3 is desirable. Competent IT skills including Windows server services and AzureAD, Exchange online and office 365suite. Good working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems. Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, patience, multi-tasking ability, attention to detail and customer service orientation.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Working knowledge of major languages particularly French is an asset.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Creating and modifying users; profiles as required following IT standards. Updating users official title and department accesses when needed.
- Providing basic user support for NI staff on software including MS SQL databases, MS SSRS, MS SharePoint, MS Office 365, MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics CRM, BOARD, CLM and other Windows Server Services, MS Office 365 and other software that are being used at NI.
- Ensuring that licenses and cloud subscriptions are renewed when required.
- Tracking IT equipment in Africa Region during their lifecycle as per the relevant corporate policies.
- Setting and configuring laptops, accessories, and appropriate software for new employees as per the corporate onboarding package.
- Ensuring departing staff have their network and systems access discontinued, their licenses terminated or repurposed and work with HR to make sure that allocated equipment is timely returned.
- Reviewing and recommending technical specifications for new laptops and other IT related equipment purchases and maintain approved models list.
- Supporting the IT budgeting process by providing input on hardware and software renewals.
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Kenya. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
Deadline for submission: June 18, 2021