Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PLUMBER (With Masonry skills) (2 POSITIONS)
The Plumber will report to the Water Section Supervisor in the Logistics department.
The Plumber will be responsible for the maintaining and servicing of all water infrastructures within and outside the conservancy as well as operating water pumps and generators in their respective stations according to the set programs from time to time efficiently and effectively according to the company policies and procedures.
Specific duties include: –
- Construction and repairs of masonry tanks, troughs, manholes, anchor blocks and drainages.
- Routine inspection of all water infrastructure, repairs & maintenance, servicing and installation of any water infrastructure e.g., windmills, waterlines, taps, tanks, pumps, cattle troughs, valves etc.
- Carrying out daily checks on the pumps and generators according to the designed daily check sheets provided
- Switching on and off the respective pumps and generators according to the laid down programs.
- Following the waterline and ensures that there are no leakages and that water reaches the tanks provided.
- Ensuring that the tanks are filled before leaving their stations and closing & opening the necessary valves if any.
- Driving of the workhorse to facilitate his transportation to the various work sites.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for self and others and ensures the work station is kept to the highest standards of cleanliness
- Reporting any hitches or problems noticed while carrying out assigned duties to the Supervisor for appropriate action.
- Keeping in safe custody all tools and equipment allocated and correctly uses the same.
- Properly completes the job card opened for the jobs undertaken and ensures closure of the same.
- Keeping in safe custody all spare parts and materials of the jobs in progress.
- Ensures the safety and cleanliness of documentation under own jurisdiction e.g. job cards, requisition books etc.
- Adhere to the health and safety legal standards on the workplace as provided by the Act.
- Ensures proper usage of personal protective equipment at all times while undertaking duties.
- Handing over all the works and assignments to the supervisor or any other person in charge while leaving for off or leave.
To be successful in this role, applicants should meet the following criteria
- Education: Minimum ‘Secondary’ level education with professional certificates such as GTT 1 in plumbing and fitting.
- Experience: At least five years relevant experience in a busy water drilling and installation workshop and working with drilling machines, water pumps and generators
- Key skills and qualities: Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high sense of personal initiative, Keen & fast learner, good communicator, a good team player.
- Masonry skills will be an added advantage.
Anyone who wishes to be considered for either of these positions is requested to submit their application letters (Clearly stating the community area they hail from) to the Head of Human Capital by Wednesday, 9th June 2021.
Our contacts are:
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
P.O. Box Private Bag,
Or send an email to email@example.com with the mail subject as:-
NOTE: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED THE OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY