Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Karen Country Club, is looking for a General Manager to ensure the Club’s operations are run efficiently, systematically and to the required standards while overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, and communicating business goals.
- Serve as Chief Operating Officer of the Club.
- Communicate the Club’s goals and strategies to the support staff and to ensure that the same is executed with the common goal of the Club’s expectation.
- Is responsible for fiscal integrity of the Club, including preparation and administration of the annual budget, management of cash flow, and oversight of all aspects of Club finances and assets, including facilities, supplies and equipment.
- Monitoring the quality of the Club’s services, including management/oversight of Club activities.
- Facilitates the relationships between the employees, guests, community, members, and its Board of Directors.
- Manages all aspects of Club operations, including development and execution of operational policies, direction of the work of all department managers and management of human resources and personnel policies.
- Participates in outside activities approved by the Board of Directors to enhance the prestige of the Club and broadens the scope of the Club’s influence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. A Master’s degree in any relevant field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 – 15 years’ experience in a service-oriented, sports management facility with proven experience in a managerial role.
- Knowledge of key golf and operational aspects.
- Financial background and awareness of corporate accountancy requirements.
- Previous experience in a food and beverage operation is an added advantage.
- Certification in Facility Management
- A registered member of a professional body within Kenya as may be applicable.
Skills and competencies
- Exemplary leadership skills. Ability to lead, develop, and coach a team
- Exemplary interpersonal and Communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage people. Mature and able to handle matters diplomatically
- Strong business acumen. Capacity to relate golf Club management to the wider business world
- Inherent ability to deliver results to agreed time and cost constraints