Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sightsavers have an exciting opportunity for a data visualisation and analytics specialist to increase the data literacy of the whole organisation and to support the capacity building of staff from a diverse range of teams based across the world.
Location: This role is open to qualified individuals in the following countries: Senegal, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Bangladesh.
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Hours: Ideally this will be a full-time role but part time will be considered. Flexible working proposals and job shares welcome.
Responsible for: Three direct reports
Purpose of role
Sightsavers is going through a digital transformation in data analytics to leverage operational insights into the reporting and decision making of the organisation. Through the delivery of data analytics and reports we are increasingly engaging key stakeholders with the latest programme data from our thematic areas in eye health, social inclusion, education and neglected tropical diseases. Developing and integrating visual analytics and business intelligence (BI) into routine practices is the next step in promoting a data driven culture within the whole organisation as we build their data literacy and data use skills.
About the role of Data Literacy and Use Manager
As Data Literacy and Use Manager you will work within the Data Analytics and Reporting Team (DART) to ensure that the operational and strategic decisions made by Sightsavers are driven by comprehensive data analytics and evidence. You will be responsible for enabling teams across the organisation to understand and access their data so that reporting and analysis is conducted using the most up-to-date and accurate data that is available from Sightsavers data infrastructure. You will lead a team of two Data Analysts and a Data Visualisation Officer to improve data skills and increase the use of data for strategic decision making.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Lead on the production of visual data analytics tools for organisational data analysis and reporting
- Lead on organisational quarterly and annual data reporting processes, including the production of Power BI dashboards to summarise and analyse project performance
- Lead on training for colleagues both nationally and internationally in the use of data and analytics through Power BI and other visual data analytical tools.
- Support the collation and improvement of Sightsavers project targets.
- Significantly contribute to the development and introduction of digital data and analysis technologies to improve data analysis for new and existing projects.
Knowledge, skills and experience for
- Post-graduate level qualification or equivalent experience in statistics, information systems, international development, public health or any other with a core statistical/analytical component.
- Proven successful track record of working with organisational data management systems and applying data analysis/statistical techniques to data (ideally in health or international development).
- Strong understanding of the international development/not-for-profit sector, with demonstrable experience in project Monitoring and Evaluation (M and E).
- Experience with new applications and innovations for M&E e.g. mobile technologies, data analytic software, Geographic Information System (GIS) etc.
- Experience producing analytical reports or communication materials for a wide range of audiences.
- Understanding of the complexities of working across multiple countries and continents in an international development organisation.
- Availability to travel up to 8 weeks per year, Covid-19 restrictions dependent.
- A commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
- Advanced MS office computer skills – Word, Excel (to include advanced formulae, pivot tables, macros), Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Use of specialist statistical and analysis software e.g. PowerBI/Tableau or similar, ArcGIS or similar.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with and communicate clearly with a wide range of stakeholders through various channels (in person, email, reports, etc.)
- Experience managing a team of analysts to deliver value from data
- English Language skills
- Master’s degree in a relevant field e.g. statistics, monitoring and evaluation, international development or public health.
- Relevant international experience i.e. either professional or voluntary work.
- Experience of providing training
- Experience of digital transformation, implementing new software/tools/working practices within an organisation.
- French or Portuguese language skills
- Experience working with SQL or other database language.
- Experience working with MS PowerApps, Automate and Sharepoint.
- Experience of using Power Query for extraction, transformation, loading and connecting data from different data sources.
The Data Literacy and Use Manager is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 6 June
Interviews are likely to take place late June/early July and are expected to consist of a presentation task and one or two interviews, all of which will be conducted remotely using Microsoft Teams.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.