Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Fundraising Manager – Corporates & High Networth Individuals (Major Donors)
Reports to: Head of Fundraising, WWF-Kenya
Career Level: Management Level 2
Date: April 2021
WWF started implementing projects in Kenya in 1962 and established presence in Kenya in 1986 as part of WWF East Africa Regional Programme Office (WWF EARPO). In September 2016 WWF-Kenya was registered as a local NGO under the Non-Governmental Organizations Coordination Act. WWF-Kenya recognizes that the challenges that the global environment is facing today are too big, too interconnected and too urgent for any one organization to solve alone. Our industries and economies need nature and nature needs business to act to save it now. As part of its growth strategy, WWF-Kenya has projected to increase and diversify its funding base by developing corporate engagements that continue to strengthen the nexus between businesses and the environment.
This position will report to the Head of Fundraising and will also work closely with technical teams to support WWF-Kenya’s growth and sustainability plan with the aim to drive conservation results.
Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to grow income from Private Sector for WWF-Kenya and maximise sources of income by engaging Corporates and High Networth individuals (Major donors) within and outside Kenya; securing private sector income and building transformational partnerships with key players.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a private sector fundraising Strategy to grow income from Corporates and High Net Worth Individuals (Major donors) in Kenya and internationally
- Work with the fundraising team to lead research and identify potential donors (corporates and HNWIs)to support WWF-Kenya strategic plan execution
- Lead the go/no go process for private sector opportunities including conducting risk assessments and managing the same adhering to the WWF network corporate engagement guidelines
- Ensure efficient coordination, ownership, development and submission of high quality proposals ensuring corporate alliances are strategic as well as philanthropically aligned
- Leverage WWF-Kenya’s relationships with strategic partners to drive conservation successes via mobilizing businesses to participate in environmental projects and acquire required financial resources to support WWF-Kenya’s 10-year strategic plan
- Manage and adhere to WWF brand position, mission and standards at all contact points with corporates, HNWIs and the public
- Ensure efficient and seamless account management processes are in place to support corporate partnerships and mitigate risks of partnership attrition
- Collaborate with the Head of Fundraising to set fundraising targets, monitor and manage performance on continuous basis
- Establish, monitor and regularly evaluate private sector FR performance against the annual plans and KPIs
- Maintain and integrate all fundraising data related to self-raised income
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Fundraising and the Senior Management Team.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, international Development, Communication and Marketing, Economics or Business Administration or related field.
- At least Seven years’ proven experience of successful networking and fundraising in at least two of the areas of: private sector fundraising, public sector partnerships (institutional donors), major donors or foundations
- Experience of creating and implementing a fundraising strategy for new markets
- Knowledge and experience of cooperation with government and non-governmental agencies
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work independently in an organized and responsive manner
- Fund raising and resource mobilization skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills and good at negotiation skills
- High ethical standards of behaviour, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Excellent Organizational, planning and writing and oral presentation skills
- Excellent ICT skills, demonstrable numerical and budgetary skills, including preparing fundraising budgets and proficient use of excel and spreadsheets
- Thoroughness and attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Flexible and creative with an aptitude for solving problems; positive attitude
Internal: Interacts regularly with the Chief Executive Officer and other Senior Management Staff, Fundraising, Communications and Programme teams, WWF International and WWF network and donor offices; works closely with international support staff in fundraising, in particular Global Development Centre and the global Corporate Partnerships team
External: Interacts with all types of partners and donors locally, regionally and internationally. Fundraising consultants and other suppliers as required.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from the role. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWF- Kenya: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 4th June 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.