Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Fundraising Manager (PSP & Foundations)
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Career Level: Management Level 2
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
WWF started implementing projects in Kenya in 1962 and established presence in Kenya in 1986 as part of WWF East Africa Regional Programme Office (WWF EARPO). In September 2016 WWF-Kenya was registered as a local NGO under the Non-Governmental Organizations Coordination Act. As part of its growth strategy, WWF-Kenya has projected to increase and diversify its funding base and at the same time maintain and grow the Public Sector Partnerships (PSP) and foundation sources for greater conservation impact.
This position will report to the Head of Fundraising and will also work closely with technical teams to support WWF Kenya’s growth and sustainability plan.
Implement WWF-Kenya resource mobilisation strategy to grow income from Public Sector Partnerships and Foundations to maximise sources of income from within Kenya, through WWF network offices and other external donors; accessing multi-year, large funding opportunities aligned to the WWF-Kenya Strategic Plan.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review existing resource mobilization action plan and develop viable best practice implementation strategies to grow PSP income for WWF-Kenya based on research and knowledge of the most appropriate sources of income
- Build public sector partnerships with bilateral and multilateral agency offices and other agencies in Kenya while working with the relevant WWF offices who manage the parent relationships
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow income from foundations based in Kenya and work closely with relevant WWF offices for evaluation and strategic positioning of WWF-Kenya to access funding from global foundations
- Work closely with the Programme teams to prepare high quality proposals for prospective donors in the specific FR Streams
- Set fundraising targets in conjunction with WWF-Kenya Head of Fundraising, monitor and manage performance on a continuous basis
- Manage and adhere to WWF brand positioning, mission and standards at all contact points with PSPs and Foundations
- Establish, monitor and regularly evaluate PSP and Foundations FR performance against the annual plans
- Develop and maintain a PSP and Foundations database for existing, targeted and potential partners, and keep data accurate and updated at all times
- Set functional and own performance targets, monitor and undertake periodic performance appraisal
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Fundraising and other SMT
- A Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Marketing, Economics, Communication or Business Administration or related field.
- At least Seven years’ proven experience of successful networking and fundraising in at least one of the areas of: public sector partnerships, major donors, trusts/foundations or corporate fundraising.
- Experience of creating and implementing a fundraising strategy for new markets
- Proven track record of generating significant gifts, preferably in the context of an international organization
- Experience and expertise in developing relationships with institutional donors, high net worth individuals and/or corporations
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work independently in an organized and responsive manner
- Fund raising and resource mobilization skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills and good at negotiation.
- High ethical standards of behaviour, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Excellent Organizational, planning and writing and oral presentation skills
- Excellent ICT skills, demonstrable numerical and budgetary skills, including preparing fundraising budgets and proficient use of excel and spreadsheets
- Thoroughness and attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Flexible and creative with an aptitude for solving problems; positive attitude
Internal: Interacts regularly with the Chief Executive Officer and other Senior Management Staff, Fundraising, Communications and Programme teams; WWF International and WWF network and donor offices; works closely with international support staff in fundraising, in particular Global Development Centre and the global WWF fundraising community of practice. Engage regularly with global practice leads.
External: Interacts with all types of partners and donors locally, regionally and internationally. Fundraising consultants and other suppliers as required.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively for the role. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWF- Kenya: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 4th June 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.