Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder shall be responsible for analyzing and assessing the risk presented to the company through the proposals submitted and based on the underwriting guidelines provided by the company.
- Lead the Corporate Business Underwriting and Servicing Section;
- Evaluate risks proposed and prescribe rates and terms commensurate with level of risk before acceptance as per Underwriting guidelines;
- Approve Policy endorsements;
- Approve renewal invitations guided by the claims experience;
- Ensure business retention ratio is achieved
- Monthly Premium Reconciliation and preparation of quarterly intermediaries Account Statement;
- Approve commission for agents and brokers as per authority limits;
- Approve premium refunds to customers;
- Review and approve Policy documents and Renewal Endorsements;
- Review and approve Group Life quotations to intermediaries and clients;
- Respond and attend to customer enquiries;
- Prepare monthly business reports;
- Approve payments to Medical Service Providers;
- Periodic review and update of the Underwriting Guidelines and Policy Documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or in a related field
- Minimum (4) years’ relevant work experience
- CII, AIIK or LOMA – FLMI (Required)
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Understanding of the working environment /competitors
- Technical competence in insurance
- In-depth knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly submit your application:
Strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/job-application/ clearly indicating the position being applied for. E.g. UNDERWRITER – GROUP LIFE
The application should reach us by close of business on Friday, 11th June 2021. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 30th June, 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.