Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Project Officer – Livestock Value Chain at Inades Formation International
Inades-Formation is a network of pan-African associations under Ivorian law, recognized as being of public utility, which works for equitable and sustainable development in Africa. It advocates a more egalitarian and supportive society, through the promotion of the common good.
The role will ensure that all the project activities outcome are aligned to realizing Inades Formation Kenya 2021-2025 Strategic plan.
The incumbent will be accountable for monitoring and management of the project budget.
The Project Officer will report to the Programs Manager and will ensure that project outcomes are realized through providing effective, timely and coordinated project management.
S/he will provide direct technical input in accordance to donor/Organizations guidelines and standards.
- Interested candidates should have the following qualifications and competencies:
- A university degree in Livestock production or related.
- At least five years working experience for non-profit organization/s.
- Experience in Livestock value chain Management
- Demonstrated experience in working with local implementing partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record on fundraising skills.
- Excellent Monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Effective team management experience
- Relevant computer skills
- Valid driving license
Roles and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will work closely with other projects to promote synergy and complementarity in the following
- Implementation of livestock production and management activities:
- Map and identify the existing livestock production groups (Goats, chicken and donkey) in the project area.
- Form producer and marketing groups in areas where they do not exist and train them on livestock husbandly practices and efficient marketing approaches.
- Enhance community participation in the project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Profile the agricultural practices and technologies used in livestock production by the groups and identify the training gaps and needs within the groups.
- Build the capacity of the target community in order to promote a positive attitude towards the donkeys amongst other animals to realize the benefit they bring to their livelihoods.
- Identify the appropriate agricultural production techniques and technologies that can be applied to enhance livestock improvement and increased productivity.
- With support from programmes manager, develop training manuals and materials with respect to the training needs identified that will enhance the achievement of desired outcomes and impact
- Identify and train Lead Farmers (men, women and youth) per producer groups who will serve as the group/ cluster -based farmer resource persons (FRP’s)technical expert.
- Promote compliance with donor requirements and regulations in project implementation.
- Promote the realization of quality outcomes from the set targets.
- Develop monthly work plans and budget plans to be implemented as per approved Annual work plan and that all activities are on track with appropriate scheduling, quality and timelines
- Build relationship with relevant staff to ensure all logistics and procurement processes are in conformity with Inades Formation Kenya policies, procedures and standards
- Conduct regular and periodic Follow-up, monitoring and evaluation of the project performance and up-scaling of the appropriate technologies.
- Documentation and sharing of best practices and lessons
- Support livestock value addition processes:
- Link producer groups with BDS providers and commercially oriented producer association or cooperatives with established management systems and structures.
- Establish and support value addition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and support marketing strategies for improved income among target beneficiaries:
- Capacity assessment and strengthening of producer groups / Cooperatives
- Define their business objectives, initiate business activities, and establish governance and management systems and business plans.
- Support peer-to-peer learning between producer and marketing groups.
- Ensuring upscaling, out scaling and sustainability of the project.
- Support building of partnerships between producers, buyers & BSPs
- Develop new concepts and proposals aimed at expanding the livestock value project into a programme.
Method of Application
Suitable and interested candidates for this position are invited to forward their applications; comprising: Curriculum vitae- including three professional referees and a cover letter, with the subject heading, “Project Officer – Livestock Value Chain” addressed to:
Inades Formation Kenya
P.O. Box 1905-90100
Inades Formation Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 4th June, 2021.