Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Type of contract: One year (renewable)
iProcure is a supply chain platform operating in East Africa that distribution services to clients that want to deliver essential products and other value adding services to retailers and consumers in rural Africa.
• Take complete responsibility for the management of the iProcure inventory and warehousing operations, in line with iProcure policies and procedures; including the receipt, storage, accounting, dispatching and reporting of all commodities received and stored in the warehouse;
• Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning, even cold chain requirements, and that all relevant records are properly maintained. Produce regular stock reports, daily stock position, monthly commodity and logistic movements reports through the usage of iProcure platform and technology;
• Support the setup of inventory management and control systems at warehouse and ensure that all inventory systems are enforced and maintained.
• Ensure prompt dispatch of products to the clients, production of delivery notes prior to client delivery and filling of all related documentation;
• Recruit, train and supervise the warehouse staff, storekeepers and tally clerks;
• Assess availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals;
• Ensure that all the receipts, delivery notes and invoices are properly documented, including any damages and shortages. Lake periodic random checks during loading/unloading operations to ensure that commodities by the trucks confirm to quantity record on the truck waybill;
• Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry out regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the warehouse;
• Ensure Health and Safety of warehouse, commodities and staff;
• Ensure all necessary licensing requirements are up to date, all health and safety regulation are adhered to;
• Ensure the adequate provision of all warehouse equipment such as pallets and tools and the provision of reconstruction materials such as sacks and strings; ensure warehouse cleanliness;
• When necessary, arrange fumigation of infested stocks and inspection certification of damaged cargo; prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
• Prepare loading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly filled for outgoing stock;
• Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of the warehouse operation and propose corrective actions and technical advice to the management on storage needs and options;
• Identify alternate warehouse facilities when needed;
• Organize and facilitate training on staff, iProcure business partners, counterparts in warehouse management practice.
• Be prepared to meeting urgent timelines to deliver to client locations collaborating with third party transporter.
• Assist in training of warehouse staff in warehouse management best practices;
• Support Supply and Warehouse and Inventory Manager with iProcure platform, including inventory count;
• Guide warehouse staff, build capacity of staff and ensures strong teamwork;
• Liaise with Warehouse and Inventory Manager and other iProcure staff to implement new initiatives, align with business practices and insure continuous improvement;
• Support in establishing close collaboration with government and partners on warehouse management issues, support in assessing partners and counterparts’ capacities;
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Bachelors or diploma in purchasing and supply
• 3+ years’ experience in a warehouse lead role.
• Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
• Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
• Ability to work with all levels of company staff
• Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
Commencement date: immediate.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4th June 2021