Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Responsible for Order processing picking and loading of stock and other warehousing activities in the East Africa Warehouse
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area and loading delivery vehicle.
- Ensure set targets for and objectives are meet in line in the set warehousing KPIs.
- Keeps accurate records for picking, Picking sheet with full details of the order.
- Ensures goods receipt and put away in an orderly manner in the warehouse.
- Maintains inventory controls by leading weekly cycle counts and daily stock checks to ensure quality control.
- Manage warehousing staff in terms of performance and effectiveness ensuring labor optimization.
- Performance appraisal for 3rd party warehousing staff.
- Maintains quality service by ensuring quick turn-around of trucks and quality picking practices to minimize on damages.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by pushing for resolution of any issues while loading or picking orders.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with the warehousing procedures.
- Completes reports by entering required information. (stock Report, Stock aging report Loading update report.)
- Maintenance of the warehousing equipment with regular checks to ensure they remain in working condition.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
Key Performance Indicators
- On time and in full picking and Loading of orders
- Inventory accuracy as per agreed target.
- Weekly cycle count conducted.
- Picking and Loading Accuracy.
- Storage Performance as per agreed targets.
- Keeping Accurate stock records.
- Daily report shared on time.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
- Knowledge of warehousing management systems
- Knowledge of warehousing best practices
- Effective Communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Team play and embodies responsibility
Educational and Professional Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Warehousing Supervisory Position.
- Experience working with warehousing management systems.
- College diploma in supply chain management or equivalent.
- Solution oriented mindset.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Efficient and can prioritize workload.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Method of application
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 15 June 2021.