Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Online Sub Editor in the Editorial department:
The job holder will be responsible for editing stories, writing captions, placing pictures and writing headlines for the Group’s web platforms in a way that confers with journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
- Updating the website and mobile platforms on a 24-hour cycle to meet targets for assigned sub-sections/channels;
- Checking and correcting editorial copy for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity and balance to conform to the Group’s Editorial Policy, online style and search engine optimization;
- Providing content for designated Nation Mobile channels to meet the set targets;
- Generating creative multimedia content in keeping with changing news realities and convergence requirements;
- Ensuring associated convergence elements are clearly sign-posted in print stories/pages;
- Ensuring strict adherence to the 14-point guideline for production of web stories ; and
- Adhering to Social Media Policy as updated from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in mass communication;
- Three (3) years reporting or editing experience in a digital newsroom or publishing house, or modern communication related fields;
- He or she must be mature, independent, self-driven and an effective planner.
- Ability to write and edit, conduct research and interpret data
Deadline is 13th June 2021