Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Principal Legal Officer.
Roles and responsibilities
- Draft, revise and advise on complex legal documentation concerning contractual transactions including goods, works, and services across the Council.
- Attend throughout to the contractual and other procedures in connection with complex contractual transactions assigned and all matters arising. To advise on and secure terms and provisions which best secure the protection of the Council’s interests .
- Research and interpret legislation and any changes in legislation relating to the post holder’s main activities and advise thereon. Ensure that all forms of contracts, deeds, documentation and procedures used are updated in the interests of the Council to accord with legislative changes and case law and conform to current legal requirements and best practice
- Briefing Counsel where necessary, including preparation for inquiries or other proceedings.
- Prepare contracts for supplies, services, buildings and works and proactively advising service clients thereon including, where requested and in conjunction with the Council’s Procurement Advisors, European
- Advise on methods of contractual construction to allow flexible, yet robust, arrangements that are responsive to changes in circumstances and will allow continuation of delivery.7.Undertake research and advise on alternate delivery models, including, but not limited to, wholly-owned companies, staff mutuals, voluntary organisations, and other models as well as preparing and advising on relevant documentation.
8. Monitor and review contracting procedures and make recommendations
thereon from time to time.
- Liaise with service clients and other services affected by a matter in hand and co-ordinate, where necessary, any required input from other services. Advise on the best means of legally achieving the client’s objectives.
- Brief Counsel as and when required on contractual and procurement disputes.
- Maintain personal case load information and case progress data including time recording and job costing in computerised form as instructed.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a commercial contracts lawyer.
- Practical experience of drafting complex legal documentation concerning contractual matters, including contracts for goods, services, and works.
- Practical experience of drafting complex development agreements in relation to land redevelopment and/ or regeneration.
- Good practical knowledge of Company Law.
- Good practical knowledge of Contract Law relating to works, supplies, services, contracts and European Procurement Legislation.
- Good practical knowledge of alternate delivery models, including, but not limited to, wholly owned companies, staff mutuals, voluntary organisations, and other models Knowledge of local government law generally
Method od application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing original copies of the following documents during interviews;
- A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 14th June, 2021.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.