Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
• The primary objective is to support in the maximisation of sustainable Economic Profit derived from a portfolio of Corporate Customers on both individual and aggregate team basis via Customer Service, effective Business Development and Risk Management including controls and governance.
Customer: Placing the customer at the centre of our business and in every activity we undertake.
Time split% :50%
- Develop and maintain own contacts with individuals within Customers’ organization.
- Act as principal point of contact in the Relationship Managers’ absence.
- Co-ordinate introduction to and from other areas of the Absa Group where appropriate and monitor outcome.
- Assist in development of and revision of Customer Relationship Plans.
- Monitor Customer Relationship Plans with the Relationship Manager.
- Monitor level of Customer service and satisfaction based on Corporate Banking Service standards.
- Develop and maintain links with local business community and support Relationship Manager in same activity.
- Participate in business development presentations where appropriate.
- Conduct research to identify potential new customers and maintain a database.
- Arrange and undertake product presentations where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contacts with specialists in other sectors and areas of the Bank and Group.
- Monitor leads and update lead tracking systems.
- Support set up of products from other areas of the Absa Group.
- Attend Corporate Banking team meetings and contribute fully including suggestions on ways to improve customer service.
- Update and maintain proper customer information for efficient customer service.
- Take up end to end relationship role for a few clients through an assigned portfolio that will be determined from time to time.
Quality : Controls & Governance
Applying our energy, skills and resources to excellently deliver the best sustainable results.
Executing with speed, simplicity, reduced bureaucracy and with a level of responsiveness that assures us first mover advantage.
Time split% : 45%
- Keep product knowledge up to date for products from other areas of the Absa Group.
- Conduct full customer due diligence on customers during on boarding and on a regular basis as per the requirements of the business and compliance teams.
- Act as a liaison for risk management information purposes with customers, accountants, solicitors and other relevant people.
- Collate customer produced financial information and co-ordinate input on the relevant credit systems by the corporate credit team.
- Use analyzed financial and non-financial information to identify key issues prior to discussion with the Relationship Manager for new and existing business in conjunction with the corporate credit team.
- Assist with creation of Credit Applications.
- Support the review of facility letters and co-ordinate execution of documentation and drawdown of facilities.
- Provide technical input and undertake research for the Relationship Manager in connection with proposed security and liaise to arrange preparation and execution of security documentation.
- Review of refer list and other risk reports.
- Attend joint credit and relationship team meetings and contribute fully including suggestions on ways to improve governance and controls on the portfolio.
- Help to minimize Operational Risk in delivery of Corporate Banking Products and Services by adhering to the procedures and guidelines within Corporate Banking.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role
Accountability: Self Development and others
Time split%: 5%
- Identify own strengths and weaknesses in skills and attributes, review self development plans and ensure training and development are accommodated.
- Being receptive to feedback and constantly striving to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Work to enhance the capacity of the organization by getting the best out of people.
Technical Skills and Competencies
Required Performance Imperatives.
- Striving to understand and meet internal and external customer needs.
- Being creative and flexible in overcoming Customers’ problems and complaints
- Owning problems and taking responsibility for solving them.
- Being proactive in selling the Bank’s products.
- Delivering against expectations and on time.
- Focusing on tasks that genuinely add value to the Bank and customers.
- Communicating opportunities to others for achieving result.
- Being efficient without reducing customer service or quality of delivery.
- Being aware of what the competitors are doing and bringing this knowledge back to the bank.
- Dealing with people in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Being energetic, resourceful and flexible when dealing with others.
- Acting professionally at all times.
- Getting basic things right first time.
- Working with a strong sense of quality and efficiency.
- Following key processes that are necessary for maintaining standards and quality.
- Having an up to date knowledge of your job.
- Keeping abreast of new developments.
- Constantly pushing yourself to develop skills.
- Being receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Working outside your “ box” and collaborating with others.
- Being an active and constructive member of teams.
- Helping others achieve their objectives.
- Showing pride in the brand and our products.
- Being open and honest.
- Communicating succinctly and directly.
- Having the confidence to voice opinions in front of others.
- Adopting a positive attitude to new ideas.
- Taking the initiative and making suggestions to improve performance.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Business Degree
- Understanding of Banking Products
- Sales & Service Work Experience
- Multicultural experience
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing date: 2021-06-09