Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP is looking to recruit an experienced and energetic person to fill in the position of 2 Drivers that is available in AFIDEP Kenya and Malawi offices. The position is for an initial-term of 2 years, renewable, based on performance, relevance of the role and availability of funds.
The driver will provide reliable and safe driving services to authorized personnel and other high-ranking AFIDEP officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The driver shall also be expected to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Reporting to the Administrative Officer, the driver will also be required to provide driving services to the operations and technical staff in the Office, consultants and experts. The driver will provide basic administrative and clerical support to the AFIDEP Kenya and Malawi offices.
- Provide reliable and secure driving services.
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items
- Welcome international travelers, help visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
- Ensure all actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Ensure that vehicles comply with Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM).
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs;
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Defensive driving certificate would be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of experience as a driver in an international organization.
- Fluency in English is a Must
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Certificate of competence from a recognized government body of the respective country
- Excellent driving skills;
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations, local roads and conditions;
- Good defensive driving skills;
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs;
- Ability to be on time.
- Respect for Diversity
Core Competencies and Skills
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates meeting the above Essential and some of the Desirable qualifications and experience can send the following:
1) A motivation letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications /competencies and skills.
2) Up-to-date CV including three relevant referees;
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 14th 2021 with the title
- DRIVER – AFIDEP MALAWI
- DRIVER – AFIDEP KENYA
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis until the position is filled.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.