Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department Commercial Banking
Reports to: Team Leader, SME Banking
The Relationship Manager, SME will be expected to achieve business growth for the Bank by selling SME Banking Unit products within assigned market segments and by promoting and selling other products and services of the Bank to enhance value-added relationship with existing customers.
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position Gulf African Bank as the market leader in this segment.
- Build a high-quality client portfolio by effectively providing appropriate solutions to meet customer needs.
- Ensure continuous improvement in customer service and implement effective retention of customers within the SME banking framework.
- Grow the bank’s liabilities, assets and non-funded income (NFI) in the SME banking sector, meeting set targets.
- Accurately maintain customer and deal pipeline information.
- Evaluate credit proposals and ensure the credit applications are processed on a timely basis within the bank’s set turnaround times.
- Filing concise, but informative, call reports after customer visits (these should specify topics discussed, customer needs/ feedback, potential product needs, next steps, credit-relevant information etc.)
- Ensure strong cross-selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the bank
- Monitor allocated portfolio and take timely and proactive corrective action to mitigate potential losses, exercising effective portfolio stewardship and control.
- Conduct consistent monitoring to prevent defaults on client’s payment, alterations in the client’s business, and to be aware of forthcoming client’s financial needs
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing business e.g. economic, procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Continuously scan the environment to identify fresh business opportunities and play an active role in product development relevant to the SME Banking sector.
Qualifications and experience
- Business related degree from a recognized university with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics.
- Relevant post graduate professional qualification AKIB will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in a similar position (relationship management, business banker).
- Knowledge of banking products
- Possess Advanced Credit Appraisal Techniques and Report writing skills.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to manage relationships through interpersonal skills.
- Ability to acquire and apply new knowledge relevant to the role, keep abreast of policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the role.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive approach to teamwork by sharing information and contributing to team effort.
- Excellent selling skills
- Ability to set stretched targets and impose a high personal standard.
- Having attention to detail and ability to capture information accurately.
- Commercial awareness with good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Dynamic, individual with the ability to work under pressure, with high emotional intelligence.
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks.
- A passion for performance, teamwork, and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment.
- Hardworking, strategically minded individual with excellent self-leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
Application Deadline: 10th June 2021
Please note that only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and competencies will be invited for interview.