Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PCEA Chogoria Hospital was established in 1922 and serves as a referral and teaching hospital. It has a 295 bed capacity that focuses on the provision of Curative, Preventive and Promotive Health Care services in the greater Meru, Embu and as far as Isiolo and Marsabit Counties.
We are seeking to fill the following position:
1. HOUSEKEEPER (1 POST)
Reporting to the Nursing Services Manager, the House Keeper job exists to provide cleaning services including cleaning all surfaces, arrange furniture, window and door curtains and other household items, working rooms, corridors and verandas in different areas within the Hospital and guest house.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mop floors and wipe surfaces in working rooms, verandas, corridors, bathrooms and toilets
- Wipe clean walls, ceilings, touchable electrical appliances, window guards and remove cobwebs from the surfaces in the rooms.
- Remove and dispose garbage and other working and living areas of buildings, in accordance with public health and sanitation policies and practices of the hospital.
- Draw window curtains, open and shut windows in the working rooms, wards, offices and other living areas according to needs in the hospital.
- Remove used bedding material, replace them and hand used ones over to the laundry for cleaning in the hospital.
- Report any broken cleaning tools and equipment to your Supervisor for the appropriate maintenance action in the hospital.
- Obtain cleaning tools, equipment and materials such as soap, detergents and deodorants from the Supervisor in the hospital
- Maintaining inventory of linen and other instruments.
- Facilitate and perform regular fumigation for pest control.
- Facilitate regular cleaning and disinfection of drains.
- Supervise daily cleaning and guarantee cleanliness standards of the Hospital are met
- Operate all machinery used in housekeeping and the laundry
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Diploma in Housekeeping & Laundry equivalent qualifications from recognized a institution
- Minimum two years working experience in a similar position from a reputable organization
- Knowledge of hospital operations
- Excellent Public Relations
- Ability to handle cleaning equipment
- Mature Christian
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Team player
- Sense of cleanliness and orderliness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work odd hours and odd days
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications and enclosing their detailed CV (with 3 referees indicating their email addresses),qualifying certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Friday 18th June 2021 by sending directly to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the volumes of applications, only soft copy applications will be accepted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted
- Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- We do not charge any fee for receiving CV’s or for interviewing.
- All communications will be through the official line and email
- PCEA Chogoria Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification