Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
IT Solutions Architect – (21000320)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for persons who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Business Engagement Manager – Financial Services, the position holder will develop technical solutions designs for business problems, utilizing available IT assets. Act as technical lead on IT systems projects, providing and articulating forward-looking technical proposals for implementation either to cover existing functionality gaps or to generate new innovative solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage with various teams, ranging from business and the immediate development team who need to understand and buy in to the architecture, right through to the extended team of those people who will have an interest in the architecture from a security, database, operations, and maintenance or support point of view.
- Translate documented business requirements into a technical solution design for implementation.
- Leading with development teams to ensure business intent is understood and effectively carried into development phases.
- Collaboratively oversee the development of the solution as per agreed architecture, evolving it throughout the delivery in the face of changing requirements and feedback from the team.
- Set baseline through introduction of standards and working practices such as coding standards, design principles and tools.
- Ensure that the architecture is being implemented consistently across the team through regular code reviews.
- Experimenting by building prototypes, frameworks and foundations to be consumed by the technical team.
- Responsible for making technology decisions by considering all risk factors, reviewed and evaluated with all the relevant stakeholders of interest.
- Contribute to Architecture Review Board (ARB) on monthly basis.
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related degree from reputable education institution.
- 3+ technical background in software development inclusive of databases, applications, Infrastructure, cloud development , 2+ years experience in solutions architecture and system design.
- Experience of software development lifecycle is essential, in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Certification in Solution Architecture and Certificate in Cloud expertise will be an added advantage.
- A “hands-on software architect” capable of sharing software development experience with the rest of the team, which in turn helps them better understand how the architecture is viewed from a development perspective.
- Domain experience in financial services, financial technologies will be an added advantage.
- Strong business acumen and leadership mindset
- Ability to drive initiatives without any formal authority in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to mentor/coach developers and other solution architects in architecture principles
- Proven track record in designing and implementing large scale, complex projects delivering IT/Telco customer solutions; demonstrable leadership skills and organizational experience
- Ability to communicate and influence others.
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your updated resume. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.