Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER
The sign language interpreter will report to the Dean School of Management and Leadership and will be responsible Providing sign language interpreting for the deaf or hard of hearing students, customers, employees, clients and other people either in one-on-one setting or group situations, including staff and students in classrooms, meetings, and activities within University policies, procedures and the law.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Providing a full range of interpreting/transliterating (translating) services for deaf/hard of hearing (HoH) students, customers, employees and clients.
- Utilize skills in a variety of signed languages to facilitate communication.
- Interpret any conversation, meeting, and training session, and interview or other requested event, including providing oral interpreting to students, customers, employees and clients who do not use sign language
- Responsible for interpreting in a variety of communication modes during University scheduled programs, conferences, counseling sessions, lectures, and media production.
- Work with the Dean of students office to develop ways of increasing interaction between deaf students and all stakeholders within and outside the University
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions with students, staff and stakeholders
- Enlighten staff and students on sign language and interpreter services
- Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in sign language interpretation for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience in offering sign language services in a University is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and efficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Those who have worked in a University set up will have added advantage.
- Good administrative and coordination skill.
- Be a team player and possess excellent interpersonal, communication both oral and written, report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, honest, trustworthy with a high degree of personal integrity.
- Creativity, innovation, objectivity, insight and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in special needs, counselling psychology and/or Education from a recognized University.
- Post graduate diploma in sign language is an added advantage.
- Certification with a sign language body
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 8th June 2021. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P.O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI