Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include relief assistance, safety-net support including school feeding, nutrition programmes and livelihood support through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and capacity strengthening.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates; female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Associate under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer, will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assist with the operational coordination to support procurement projects and activities and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services;
• Identify, assess and recommend potential suppliers and ensure vital data/documents are distributed to support the selection of suppliers;
• Issue tenders for services and goods;
• Review and prioritize purchasing requests and provide recommendations to requisitioners for procurement of products at the best cost to WFP;
• Contribute to discussions with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders with guidance from Procurement Officer to acquire the best terms and costs for WFP;
• Review and prepare purchase orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the partner to enable efficient purchase of goods and services;
• Design, develop and supervise the maintenance of databases and records;
• Conduct research and analysis on a range of data to produce reports providing insights and recommendations to Procurement Officers for decision making;
• Act as an escalation point collaborating closely with suppliers and provide solutions to sophisticated issues related to delivered goods;
• Collaborate with internal partners to align procurement activities with the wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs;
• Supervise a team of staff providing advice, mentorship and training;
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP respond to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in Procurement.
At least six years of responsible support experience in Procurement. Experience in procurement of construction works is desirable.
Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience in procuring for emergency operations;
• Demonstrate capability to work in partnership with other functional units;
• Strong understanding of procurement systems;
• Strong research and data analysis skills
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Proficient in using microsoft excel programme
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Closing Date: 16th June 2021
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.