Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder will be responsible for performing the e-Business settlement activities of the bank in an efficient, effective and accurate manner following laid down rules and regulations (bank-wide and regulatory).
- Conduct prompt and efficient inward/outward clearing operations
- Attend designated clearing house sessions at Central Bank clearing centre
- Obtain necessary approvals to process clearing cheques
- Collect, encode, sort, collate and sum values of all cheques drawn on other bank for clearing
- Collect, sort, collate and sum values of all cheques drawn on other branches for inter-branch
- Raise appropriate clearing entries and Confirm that all entries pertaining to clearing cheques are prompt and accurate.
- Post clearing cheques drawn on the branch to debit customer’s account respectively
- Check batches of transactions for correctness and completeness
- Provide daily clearing proofs/figures
- Photocopy all cheques for archives
- Process and document all returned cheques
- Perform other duties as assigned by the e-Business Settlement
- A good first degree in any discipline. Relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in banking/ financial services institution with experience in banking operations and electronic payments solutions.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
· Good knowledge & understanding of banking operations (Domestic and International Operations).
· Understanding of automated clearing system
· Process Management and documentation skills
· Good Communication Skill (Oral & written)
· Excellent customer service
· Good accounting skills
· Good understanding of the Inter bank Settlement System, Payments systems
· Creative and taking Initiative
· Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
· Analytical Skills/ Problem solving
· Interpersonal Skills
· Team building / conflict management
· Organization and coordination skills
Competitive renumeration package