Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
NawiriPro a Kenyan-led social enterprise launched in 2019 by Educate , is seeking a Customer Engagement Manager to lead our team to product-market fit by 2022. NawiriPro is forging new and innovative pathways to sustainably impact Out of School Youth (OoSY) livelihoods at scale. We empower and train youth on running successful informal sector businesses, starting with the motorbike courier industry, by teaching them how to increase their income and improve their livelihood. NawiriPro wants to solve the unemployment rate for millions of Out of School Youth in Africa by teaching them successful and dynamic informal sector business models.
NawiriPro is looking for someone who is customer-obsessed, action-biased, delivers results, ruthless prioritizer, highly-motivated individual, proactive and willing to improve on processes. He/She must have first-hand experience building first-class user experience for the mass market user in Africa.
The Customer Engagement Manager will be reporting to the Managing Director and Co-founder of NawiriPro. This role is crucial to the organization hitting its milestone to get product-market fit. As a result, he\she will be the connection between our customers, partners and our product. Providing a high-quality customer experience is an essential component of our customer engagement strategy. He/she will engage with our customers by providing them with real value through exceptional end-to-end customer experience, great content, or strong customer support that is more on value creation than traditional selling.
You could be the perfect fit for this role if you:
- Have experience in building and executing customer engagement & support strategy.
- Are hungry to learn about and improve on customer experience for a platform product.
- Are obsessed with customers and are data-driven in building customer solutions.
- Have a high EQ (Emotional Intelligence) and create strong relationships within the team and a keen sense of how to navigate both internal and external hurdles to ship a great customer experience for all stakeholders.
- Thrive in a scrappy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity and frequent changes to direction as the company works towards product-market fit and learns to operate at scale.
About Educate! & NawiriPro
Educate prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy. Our goal is to design skills-based education and employment solutions which impact youth life outcomes sustainably and at scale. In 2019, we partnered with the governments of Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya and measurably impacted over 46,000 youth in and out of schools while reaching 470,000 learners more broadly, making us the biggest youth skills providers in East Africa. In 2020, we rapidly adapted to a changing world by creating distance learning solutions to serve youth during the pandemic.
Educate! is a non-profit social enterprise with over 150 staff and 300 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won a 2018 Klaus J Jacobs Prize a (and was featured in a video), and was highlighted by Bill Gates as 1 of 20 innovative youth solutions .
In March 2019, Educate! launched a new social enterprise unit within our organization called “NawiriPro”, based in Kenya. NawiriPro is building a new product that will offer faster and more affordable educational pathways for out-of-school youth, enabling them to thrive in the informal economy. NawiriPro is building a user-paying bootcamp model, which targets youth and parents as payers for the bootcamp to create a fully sustainable and customer-centred social impact product.
To date, we have more than 3,000 motorcycle riders using the NawiriPro e-learning platform. Our long-term vision is to serve more than 100,000 youth annually with a break-even business model.
Customer Engagement & Support Strategy
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational customer engagement plans, programs, and initiatives to align with disruptive innovation unit vision and strategies
- Advise leadership on customer satisfaction measures, customer experience strategies, initiatives and emerging issues to enable customer-centric strategic decision processes
- Plan and provide leadership to the implementation of integrated customer engagement and communication initiatives to improve and enhance the perceptions and experiences of the OoSY product
- Lead specific customer research programs, dialogue and other forms of engagement to understand key concerns and issues and inform review and enhancement of customer services and service delivery models
- Monitor business and process metrics to measure and manage customer service effectiveness.
- Develop customer incentive and retention programs to ensure customer loyalty.
Customer Journey Mapping Strategy
- Develop customer loyalty & value strategy for the NawiriPro product.
- Lead and manage the customer “life cycle” strategy.
- Build and oversee the improvement of the experiences customers have with third-party partners to increase customer satisfaction.
- Build systems or processes to develop rapid experiments that lead to prototypes & pre-tests of customer experiences.
- Conduct reflection and customer workshops based on both internal and external reports and best practices
- Identify and track the behavioural change process for all our customers and share feedback with the product manager and owner.
- Research best practices, tools and processes to understand what user metrics will inform us of developing a value-based product.
- Design and build user and product metrics and integrate them into a 3rd party dashboard.
- Ensure documentation and routine sharing of knowledge and experiences across teams and leadership.
Execution of Marketing Strategy
- Setting marketing & revenue goals based on our business model
- Managing the customer care lead and team by creating and managing strategies
- Creating and experimenting with marketing strategies for new markets based on market research
- Supporting new markets customer care team and marketing teams for their own success in their markets.
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the MD to make efficient decisions
- Recruit, interview, train and manage new customer care and business advisory by setting clear goals.
- Creating and experimenting with new strategic marketing channels and promotions.
- Coordinate and work with tech, product and content team on marketing as engineering to increase our marketing virility.
Leadership on Customer Engagement Team
- Drive the ongoing development of a customer-centric culture across the organisation, supported by process frameworks and responsive customer service systems to embed best practice customer-centric behaviours.
- Promote the application of global UX standards and strategy-aligned decision-making within teams.
- Share customer data on product engagement with global leadership for annual and strategic planning sessions.
- Empower and grow strong customer engagement teams to adopt and apply global customer engagement, UX standards & tools.
- 5-6 years experience in customer engagement and support strategies for income-generating product/s.
- Understanding and application of customer experience strategy and building systems around customer funnels.
- Entrepreneurial drive and proven ability to take ownership and lead the team’s combined learning.
- Collaborative, data-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, seeking out areas that need attention rather than being asked to look at specific problem areas.
- Consistently asks for help and seeks advice from colleagues to let the best idea or process win.
- Engaging and interactive communicator with a passion for coaching others
- Passion for NawiriPro’s mission is a must, but past work in education or youth development is not required. We value diverse perspectives and encourage applications from people with a variety of backgrounds. Background working with youth in the informal sector or digital product would be an asset.
- You fit our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is NawiriPro About? below)
- The location is Nairobi, Kenya
People inspire us with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at NawiriPro to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers. We are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We Are Youth First – We believe in the youth’s power and design a model that depends on them. To create effective solutions, we have to see and understand the challenges and opportunities that real people encounter in their lives. Continuously improve through build-measure-learn loops, build based on evidence-based solution and research. It also means we use the Human-centred approach to design our solutions.
- We Are Committed – The team is self-directed, and all members are dedicated to completing work that has been agreed upon. The number one driver of an innovation culture is team cohesion. We need to feel a sense of togetherness, working towards a larger goal. In NawiriPro, we believe that sharing generously and being open are essential traits in driving cohesion and innovation.
- We Are Courageous – When you work at NawiriPro, you will realise that our risk appetite is an indicator of how innovative we can be. We understand that risk is an inherent part of the innovation process. As we test out new ideas, some will fail. We, therefore, embrace failure and create a safe to fail environment.
- We Respect each other – The team is composed of members who have different strengths, and each individual’s strengths are respected. There is no finger-pointing when discussing how to fix what is not working. The team operates as a single entity and succeeds or fails together.
- We Practice learning – Through daily stand up meetings, the team is given time to gather and share what has been successful and what needs to be improved. It takes training and learning every step to recognize and support disruptive innovation.
Every person at NawiriPro — from interns to the Managing Director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
NawiriPro is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In creating this environment, we encourage people from various cultures, backgrounds and life experiences to join our diverse team.