Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We seek to enlist an intern looking to gain practical experience in the field of human rights. We will engage the successful applicant for three months.
Reporting to: Co-ordinator Okoa Mombasa Coalition
Period of engagement: 3 days a week for three months (can be extended to a maximum of 6 months)
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Okoa Mombasa Coalition team, such as scheduling meetings, preparing for and taking minutes at meetings, organizing travel and logistics for meetings where required, and managing expenses reporting.
- Assist with advocacy work, maintaining relationships and communication with coalition members, and building and maintaining contact databases;
- Conduct news monitoring and dissemination of coalition publications and updates, including through social media;
- Work closely with colleagues in coalition-member organisations to ensure that Okoa Mombasa’s work complements and enhances their own work that meets the Coalition’s goals and objectives.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
Interested applicants should possess a minimum of the following:
- The applicant should have graduated or finalized fourth-year course work and is awaiting graduation with a bachelor’s degree in law, international relations, social science, or a related field.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team is required.
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for community engagement, public participation, and coalition building will be an added advantage.
- Be a Kenyan citizen – if not, should have the necessary permits to live and work in Kenya.
- Should have a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Excellent in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
- Willingness to learn, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and ability to work in all thematic areas within the organization.
- A highly motivated individual.
- A self-starter-functional problem solver.
- Process discipline – the ability to follow standard operating procedures.
The cover letter should include a brief overview of the candidate’s suitability for the role. CVs should be a maximum three-page long and should include relevant past education and experience.
The closing date for this application is on June 7, 2021. We will only consider candidates that meet the above qualifications.