Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we have become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. Innovating healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
Country & Study Start-up (SSU) Manager, Kenya who will function as a subject matter expert on all SSU and Clinical Trial Management related activities in the country/region, oversees and leads SSU activities in collaboration with other clinical research stakeholders and serves as a leader for local/global SSU process improvements and patient recruitment strategies. As a Country Study Manager, this role will provide direction and leadership to one of more local study teams (LSTs).
The role entails the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate guide and assist with all study start up activities prior to site activation.
- Maintain up to date knowledge, ensure adherence and compliance with local regulatory requirements and associated documentation.
- Review, analyze and collate metrics to ensure processes are in place that drive efficiency and reduction of timelines across start up activities.
- Assist with label preparation and approval (local label representative) for studies in collaboration with local regulatory department.
- Track metrics and study start-up timelines to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Negotiate contracts and study budgets with sites during the study start-up phase to ensure finalization.
- Establishes Study Timelines, Budget, Resource, Risk and Quality Plans
- Manages the Delivery of Study Activities in Order to Meet Study Plans
- Is accountable for all local CCO regulatory, ethical and administrative submissions
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with, and is the primary contact for, key stakeholders, e.g. Pharma Business, GSM, functional management
Who you are
You are passionate about the impact on patients you can have, you are playful with the uncertainty the dynamics of the country served will bring whilst you will stay your course towards the long-term vision? You are a self-starter and energized by new learning opportunities the cultural and market environment will provide you? Then you are the individual we look for. In order to set you up for success you require the following qualifications, Mindset and Behaviors
- University degree or equivalent in a medical/science-related field and or 5 years proven experience in Clinical Research Management or related industry.
- Proven clinical development experience on the operational aspects of conducting clinical studies including vendor/CRO management, leading/working as part of a development team, implementing clinical development plans and coordinating study level activities to deliver data for filing or publication purposes including interaction with local Business Units.
- Experience in project management including implementation of risk management plans and management of complex study budgets and resourcing plans.
- International travel required.
- Good stakeholder management and the ability to effectively collaborate across a global organization.
- Ability to influence, act as a change agent, build consensus and manage conflict in challenging situations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening and decision making skills.
- Well-organized, detail oriented professional and ability to prioritize and make decisions.
- Highly self-motivated; able to lead initiatives with authority.
Are you inspired and energized by the opportunity to co-create the future of patients in Kenya and the East African region? If yes, then make your mark and apply to this exciting opportunity!