Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Overview: Sinapis is looking for a passionate and experienced Project Manager who will support Sinapis’ expansion of entrepreneur training to Kenya’s coastal region
Reporting To: Sinapis Director of Training & Global Partnerships
Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Term: 2-year renewable contract with 6-month probationary period
Compensation: Competitive, for mid to senior-level nonprofit management
Our mission at Sinapis is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We seek to foster the development of entrepreneurs and the growth of Kingdom businesses. These enterprises are led by entrepreneurs who strive for excellence in their business and who are intentional in reflecting and sharing their values in the marketplace, through the business decisions they make and the relationships they cultivate with employees, suppliers, and customers.
After ten years, we have surpassed a the milestone of training over 5,000 entrepreneurs and are now entering an expansion stage which includes expansion within and outside of Kenya. Our current core offerings are as below:
1. Sinapis Aspire. The Aspire program is a 9-week business training program for people who want to start a business, and would like to know how to successfully bring their idea to life.
2. Sinapis Academy. Sinapis partners with local organizations to deliver the Sinapis Academy, an intensive 16-week business training program similar to a mini-MBA but customized for early and growth-stage ventures. This program is extremely practical, locally customized and specifically designed for entrepreneurs looking to grow their businesses.
3. Sinapis Business Plan Competition. Upon completion of the Sinapis Academy training program, entrepreneurs are eligible to compete in the Sinapis Business Plan Competition, an annual competition in which the top 5-10 finalists compete for grant capital at a live pitch event.
4. Fast Track Accelerator Program. The Sinapis Fast Track Accelerator (FTA) program is a 6-month accelerator that serves up to 15 graduates of the Sinapis Academy per year who have businesses capable of significant growth. The program begins with a customized business assessment for each participant coupled with access to high quality consultants, professional advisors, advanced training, investor match-making and biblical integration.
5. Sinapis Alumni Network. Sinapis is committed to offering ongoing support of our alumni, with the intent to see the community flourish. This involves regular communications, events with valuable trainings and networking components, mentoring, and help with access to capital.
We will be expanding our programs within the coastal bloc of Kenya, with the goal of training more than 200 entrepreneurs each year across 6 coastal districts. This Project Manager position will be responsible for overseeing all operations in the coastal region.
What you will do
- Manage Sinapis’ coastal office and operations, including managing several coastal-based staff, with support from various departments from Nairobi HQ
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant project stakeholders, including local and regional government, project funders, key entrepreneurs, investors, and other entrepreneur-support players
- Represent Sinapis to and build partnerships with a variety of players who work with or can recommend entrepreneurs to join Sinapis programs: government, co-working spaces, universities, churches, etc.
- Prepare regular reports on project updates to external funders
- Ensure activities across coastal region fall within project budget
- Manage quarterly get-togethers and provide any additional support to Sinapis trainers (external consultants) working throughout the coastal region
- Build lasting relationships with Sinapis entrepreneur alumni, and provide ongoing relational and business support, where applicable; given level of skill, this could be formal consulting or advisory, or more informal catch ups and connections to relevant advisory
- Plan, execute, and speak at quarterly alumni events (whether in-person or remote), and manage other elements of Sinapis’ coastal alumni network
While this list comprises the main day-to-day activities of the Program Manager, you may be required to complete other tasks not mentioned above.
Who we are looking for
- You are a follower of Christ who maintains a healthy relationship with Jesus as evidenced by (but not limited to) prayer, devotional reading of Scripture and spiritual discipline
- You are a people person, and have excellent communication skills with people of all types
- You are detail-oriented and can plan for and manage effective follow-up
- You are humble and have a teachable spirit
- You are energetic, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile to complete an assignment
- A heart for our organization’s mission and a calling for this work of empowering entrepreneurs
- At least 7 years of work experience with a track record of success in managing multi-stakeholder projects through to successful completion
- Experience in managing people and/or teams
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple work streams, with a knack for continuous improvement
- An outgoing people-person who enjoys interacting with people, both on phone and in person, and displays highest level of professionalism in these interactions
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Either an undergraduate or graduate degree in business or a relevant field from a top school with a solid understanding of business both academically and practically
- Ability to work in a very small team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Extremely positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Honest with high levels of integrity
- Experience in the start-up and SME ecosystem, preferably in the coastal region
- MBA, MPP or other relevant Masters degree
- Experience as an entrepreneur
- Experience in training
- Experience working with local government offices and/or staff in coastal region
What you can expect
- Deep, fulfilling impact – This is a mission that will impact thousands of lives economically, socially and spiritually. You will be part of a group that is daily making strides to take back the market-place to honor God and create value in Kenya
- Entrepreneurial work-environment – As a small organization, we are free from bureaucracies and you will enjoy the flexibility to be creative and try out new ideas that make sense
- Fantastic network – You’ll develop a robust network of inspiring entrepreneurs and entrepreneur-support organizations across Kenya
- Promising career growth – Sinapis is a small but growing organization with opportunities for career growth over time
Method of application
Please send us a well-formatted and written cover letter along with your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 11th, 2021. Please note that submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Sinapis is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students/beneficiaries and the successful applicant will be required to provide a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.