Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Strategic Investments Principal, reporting to the Global CFO/CEO
We’re looking for an exceptional strategist who is excited to unlock the informal economy’s potential and inspired by our mission to empower the local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa every year. You will take ownership of the company’s operating and financial strategy and lead all quantitative analyses of current operations while evaluating the return on investment of all new opportunities. You have extensive experience analyzing business fundamentals and building out financial models to project business performance accurately. You are a proven leader who thinks innovatively and makes decisions using data.
You will build out the materials required to support Sokowatch’s strategy and reporting to current and potential investors while evaluating the return on investment of new opportunities. You have extensive experience analyzing business fundamentals and conducting research to evaluate the best market opportunities.
Locations: Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee seamless operating system for analyzing, monitoring, and projecting business performance to produce historical, present, and forecasted financial reports
- Present to the Global CEO/CFO, board, and investors the growth outlook and drivers of the business
- Analyze potential initiatives to maximize return and meet Sokowatch’s overall strategic goals
- Continuously monitor team performance to ensure the entire company is working in line with agreed strategies and priorities
- Recommend best practices based on experience, research, frameworks, design patterns, and visionary thinking
- Support capital raising initiatives in conjunction with the Global CEO/CFO across venture capital, debt, and other sources of financing
The successful candidate will possess:
- 4+ years overall experience in high performing operating and investing roles, including:
- 2+ years experience in investment banking, venture capital, or private equity investing; focus on technology investing in emerging markets strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working with a high growth startup
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus.
- Extensive business and financial modeling skills
- Experience in project management, monitoring, and evaluation
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills