Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
For better execution of its mandate, the Council of Governors is established in various sectorial working Committees and Departments. To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit a Director to support the Directorate of Health at the Council:
Provide leadership, coordination and guidance to the Council on matters relating to Health.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
a. Academic Qualifications
• Have a Master’s degree in any of the following fields; Public Health, Health Economics, Health Systems, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Public Administration, Human Resource Management or any other related field from a recognized institution;
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields; Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public Health, Dentistry, Pharmacy or any other related field from a recognized institution;
• Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience, eight (8) of which should be in a management position.
c. Functional Skills
• Thorough understanding of international and national goals, policies, objectives, and ability to relate them to Council’s mandate.
• Thorough understanding of Devolution as envisioned in the Constitution.
• Understanding of financial and human resource management.
• Good understanding of government policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Ability to develop policy and implement strategy.
• Ability to undertake stakeholder management.
• Negotiation Skills.
• Communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Conflict resolution skills
• People management skills
d. Other Requirements
• Be a Kenyan Citizen;
• Be a member to a professional body and in good standing.
• Leadership course from a recognized institution
• Be compliant to the requirements of Chapter six (6) and the thirteen (13) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Duration of the Assignment
The duration of the engagement will be three (3) years renewable for a similar term subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply;
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM and drop the duly completed form, CV with names and addresses of three referees, cover letter clearly indicating “application for the position of Director Health” in the subject, with current and expected remuneration, and a copy of ID, certificates, relevant clearance certificates and testimonials.
The hard copy application in plain sealed envelope must be submitted and registered at the Council Offices, Delta Corner Towers- Westlands, Oracle Wing 2nd Floor, on or before 5:00p.m. 18th June, 2021 addressed as “Application for a position of the Director Health” to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
Council of Governors
P.O Box 40401-00100
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.