Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section20).
For better execution of its mandate, the Council of Governors is established in various sectorial working Committees and Departments. To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit a Records Management Officer to support the Administration Division at the Council:
2.0 Job Purpose
The job is responsible for efficient management of records in the Council. Reporting to the Senior Records Management Officer, the Records Management Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Implement record management policies.
• Ensure the security of files and documents.
• Update and maintain the file movement records.
• Receipt and dispatch mails and maintain related registers.
• Prepare appraisal and disposal schedule of files and documents in liaison with relevant agencies as per the Public Archives and Documentation Act Cap 19.
• Undertake records survey process.
• Manage confidential files and records.
• Update file indexes.
• Update and maintain records management database;
• Update and maintain file movement records.
• Initiate appraisal and disposal of files.
• Support the development and implementation of the Section’s budget as out lined in the annual work plan.
3.0 Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
a. Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Records Management, Information Management, Information Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• Minimum of one (1) year experience.
c. Functional Skills
• Knowledge and understanding of functional areas of Records Management.
• Demonstrate good understanding of records management policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Knowledge in use of human resource information system
• Proficiency in use of Ms. Office tools
• Good Communication skills.
• Negotiation Skills.
• Conflict resolution skills
• People management skills
Duration of the Assignment
The duration of the engagement will be three (3) years renewable for a similar term subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply;
Interested persons should send their CV with names and addresses of three referees and Cover letter to email@example.com on or before Friday 18th June, 2021, indicating the name of the position in the subject on the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer.
Persons living with disabilities and Persons from the marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.