Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
Girl Effect knows that technology has a transformative power. As we evolve as an organisation, we’re looking for a new IT Manager to join our team to help us strengthen and maintain our internal systems.
We work on cloud-based systems (and make extensive use of Google Workspace) across our seven countries of operation, and this postholder will sit in our global finance & operations team, providing support and guidance to teams across the globe.
Whether it’s our finance system or CRM, a time-tracking tool or email and file storage, you’ll help manage a network of local first-line support arrangements, provide second-line support and guidance and work with our Director of Business Operations & Planning to craft our technology strategy and roadmap.
What you will do
- Work with teams across our countries to ensure adequate first-line technology support arrangements are in place. This will likely include a combination of procuring and managing local support organisations and providing training on ‘basic fixes’ to key Operations colleagues
- Act as the organisational owner of our Google Workspace system, ensuring we make best use of this as it evolves and that it is delivering our business objectives
- Support colleagues across the organisation when it comes to the technical specification of new hardware to purchase
- Partner with business owners of other core systems – helping colleagues to understand how best to use a whole range of tools and systems to support our work (including: finance ERP, CRM, project management, collaboration and time-tracking tools)
- Leading on data security and IT asset protection
Who you are
We are looking for an IT professional with over 5 years experience in an IT/delivery role (ideally someone who has had experience in a fast-growing start up) and at least 2 years in a role helping manage or lead technology development. You should be someone who is looking to get their hands dirty and build new processes to support an evolving organisation. You should have experience setting up and managing an entire IT infrastructure, including budgets and creating technology roadmaps.
- Has been the administrator of Google Workspace in a previous role
- Background in IT support, can work with any OS, hardware and software
- Deployment of Mac and Windows laptops
- Has rolled out global org wide IT projects before
- Coding experience
- Windows Server
- Google Cloud Platform
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those we work with and for, especially children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment, uphold standards in our safeguarding policy and our code of conduct. In particular:
- To take reasonable steps to prevent any harm caused by Girl Effect
- To report any safeguarding concerns through the reporting pathways
This role is subject to a enhanced background disclosure
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Closing date for applications: 18th June 2021