Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Laboratory Technologists (1 Position) KMR/ 7 Vacancy No. FN-020-05-2021
Reports to: Laboratory Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities
• Accurate and timely performing of Study specific assays
• Ensuring custody of participant specimens and storage/archival
• Appropriate reporting of any abnormal lab result.
• Ensure maintenance and troubleshooting on all lab equipment and report to the supervisor
• Running and logging of specimen controls as per the set SOP.
• Ensuring Laboratory Waste segregation and management.
• Developing and updating laboratory inventory.
• Ensure compliance with all the SOPs and respective specimen flow charts
• Participate in supervised sample shipment procedures
• Transcription of all lab results and communication of the same as per the lab results communication SOP
• A minimum of a Diploma in Medical Laboratory, Biomedical Laboratory or Biochemical Laboratory.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a busy Clinical Research set up
• Extensive hands-on experience on running HIV-1, CD4 count, PCR, STI, HIV ELISA assays and medical sample shipment.
Other Required Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Extensive organization skills
• Ability to work in a clinically busy, resource-challenged and demanding environment.
• Commitment to integrity and high quality performance
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Keen and attentive to detail
• Ability to communicate lab results, write reports and trouble shoot laboratory equipment related challenges
• Proactive, ability to work independently, interact well with other departments
Applicants should attach the following:
• Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
• Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
• Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• A copy of National Identity card or passport
• Requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Applications to be done through the email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th June 2021. (Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.