Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
. Position: Participant Counselor and Community mobilizer (2 Positions) KMR/ 6 Vacancy No. FN-025-05-2021
Reports to: Recruitment and Retention Officer
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide HIV/AIDs testing and counselling to clients
• Link clients who react positive to HIV for care and treatment as per NASCOP guidelines
• Provide counselling to participants who experience social harms and gender based violence as a result of involvement in the study
• Community engagement, sensitization and mobilization for the study
• Map study area and recruit potential subjects
• Liaise with community leaders, gatekeepers and the community members about the study in consultation with Recruitment and Retention Officer
• Participant recruitment activities
• Participant retention activities
• Participant physical and phone tracing as needed
• Conducting outreach activities and participant referral
• Assist in developing and reviewing participant recruitment and retention SOP and implement the strategies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
• Certificate in HIV testing and counselling
• Certificate in management of Gender Based Violence is an added advantage
• Good Clinical Practice training/Human Subjects Protection training is an added advantage
Other Required Skills
• Good communication skills
• Pleasant personality
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good report writing skills
• Good Computer skills, especially, MS Office packages
Applicants should attach the following:
• Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
• Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
• Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• A copy of National Identity card or passport
• Requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Applications to be done through the email email@example.com no later than 24th June 2021. (Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.