Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Pharmacy Coordinator (1 Position) KMR/ 7 Vacancy No. FN-021-05-2021
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities
• Administer respective Case Report Forms (CRFs)
• Carrying out QA/QC of study CRFs and source docs and resolve queries that may arise.
• Dispensing drugs and Study products to participants.
• Ensure prescription drugs are available for dispensing to participants
• Maintaining pharmacy temperature and humidity logs
• Generation and review of pharmacy SOP’s and ensuring adherence to the same
• Counselling participants on adherence to study products
• Participants Randomization process in liaison with the data and clinic teams.
• Maintain the pharmacy database and keeping it up to date.
• Ensuring accurate and timely records of dispensed drugs and study products on the pharmacy logs and in the accountability logs and Database.
• Processing shipment documentation of study products and track study product shipment from source to site.
• Processing study products destruction documents and taking part in actual destruction
• Enhancing communication between pharmacy and local PPB and coordinating center.
• Management of regulatory affairs regarding pharmacy
• Training other staff on pharmacy protocol based procedures.
• Custodian of the study products
• Perform projection and orders of the required drugs in liaison with the study clinicians and account for their use
• Perform stock checks and share out to the prescriber.
• Prepare and dispense prescribed medications and pharmaceutical preparations according to participants’ prescription.
• Provide advice for non-prescription medications.
• Monitor drugs and other medical supplies levels and initiate the procurement process.
• Take inventory and track medication and supply orders as well as expiries. Keep records of all drug stocks ordered, drugs issued to clients and stocks remaining
• Establish and maintain good relationships with participants to foster study retention.
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports of personal study activities
• Closely work with other staff members to ensure the success of the study
• Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
• Degree in Public Health or any biomedical sciences
• Registered with the pharmacy and poison board
• Five years working experience as registered Pharmaceutical Technologist
• Extensive prior experience in clinical research
• Experience in busy vaccine or drug clinical trials
• Knowledge of HIV prevention and treatment services
• Good Clinical Practice training/Human subjects Protection training
• Knowledge of PPB regulatory requirements
Other Required Skills
• Commitment to integrity and high quality performance
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Keen and attentive to detail
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures
• Articulate in both verbal and written communication in English and Swahili.
• Counselling skills
• Good track of record keeping
• Some store keeping skills
• Computer literacy
Applicants should attach the following:
• Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
• Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
• Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• A copy of National Identity card or passport
• Requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Applications to be done through the email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th June 2021. (Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.