Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Community Oral Health Officer Job
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analysing x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Taking, developing and mounting radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertaking general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Full mouth scaling, polishing and prophylaxis to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained.
- Filling-in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Reducing simple fractures of the jaws.
- Providing patient education on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Taking and making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts/models.
- Documenting patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Documenting lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Supervising staff and clinic processes concerning dental department
- Manage the dental department to achieve local and international standards.
- Recommending and ordering dental materials, equipment and instruments ensuring they are cost effective and maintain proper bookkeeping of the same.
- Keeping up-to-date with new developments within the profession maintaining patient dental records.
- Adherence to the company’s policies on IPC, SOPs, HR, SECURITY etc.
- Ensuring that established procedures are adhered to in order to maintain quality assurance in delivery of oral health services.
- Ensuring all procedures are correctly billed to capture revenue.
- Maintaining stock control procedures for the dental services to ensure accountability
- Prepare and submit reports on dental services and activities on a daily basis.
Education, Experience & Skills
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy Hospital.
- Diploma in Community Oral Health with valid practicing license
- Excellent communication skills – English and Kiswahili
- BLS Certification will be an added advantage
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates to send their application letter together with an updated CV to email@example.com by 15th June 2021.