Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Consultancy Opportunity for Trainers
The Commission on Administrative Justice (CAJ) (Office of the Ombudsman) is established under Article 59(4) of the Constitution and the Commission on Administrative Justice Act, 2011 to enforce administrative justice in the public sector by addressing all forms of maladministration with the commission mandate extending both to national and county government. Additionally, the Commission has the mandate of overseeing and enforcing the implementation of the Access to Information Act (ATIA), No. 31 of 2016, which requires CAJ to develop and facilitate public education awareness and develop programs on the right to access information. In addition, the commission is mandated to report to Parliament on the implementation of the right of access to information.
In 2020, The Commission on Administrative Justice (CAJ) and The Kenya School of Government (KSG), developed an Access to Information Training Curriculum to fulfill the need to build the capacity of public institutions to achieve their obligation of facilitating access to information to the citizens consistent with Article 35 of the Constitution and the ATIA 2016. To strengthen access to information, the Commission has spearheaded the development and publication of information, education, and Communication materials to aid public education and guide public officers on proactive disclosure of ATI.
CAJ and IDLO have partnered to conduct a Training of Trainers (TOT) for 50 representatives of government agencies on the Access to Information in Naivasha from 14th to 18th June 2021. The TOT will be guided by the ATI Facilitator’s guide in 2020.
In this regard, CAJ and IDLO seek to engage external consultants to research, prepare, and conduct the training sessions on the following topics:
- Understanding the Right to Information
- Legal Frameworks on Access to Information
- Access to Information processes and procedures
- Framework for implementation and best practices on access to information
- Oversight and enforcement
- Mainstreaming access to justice
- Access to information monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
The Consultants shall deliver the following:
- Pre and post Training Needs Assessment tools
- A PowerPoint presentation on the training topics as allocated to the Consultant by CAJ and IDLO.
- A comprehensive report of the consolidated feedback drawn from the plenary discussions with the participants during the training.
- Presentations submitted to IDLO and CAJ by 30th June 2021.
Duration of the assignment
The assignment will be undertaken over a 5 days period from 14th to 18th June 2021. The assignment is output based and flexibility of scheduling and availability might be required to ensure completion of work during the time frame.
The Consultant(s) should have the following skills, qualification, and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Law, Communications, Public Relations, and related fields from a recognized University.
- A Master’s degree in Law, Communication, Public Relations, or related fields will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years professional experience in Open Data, Access to Information, and Communications.
- Demonstrated understanding of access to information processes and procedures, mainstreaming access to information, and information oversight and enforcement through written papers and publications on the same.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic founded on the principles of integrity, impartiality, and confidentiality.
- Professionalism in the process of engaging with IDLO, CAJ, and training participants.
Remuneration for the consultancy
The Consultant shall receive a lump-sum consultancy fee at the market rate, upon satisfaction of all the deliverables. All fees are subject to a 5% KRA withholding tax.
Reporting and supervision
The consultant shall report directly to the Director- Access to Information Commission for Access to Information at (CAJ) and the Field Programme Manager for the Access to Justice at IDLO, Kenya respectively.
Terms and conditions
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female and diverse applications to our positions.
Disclaimer and closing date
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the staff member assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
The application deadline is 10th June 2021