Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MISSIONS OF HOPE INTERNATIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Overall Job Purpose
The Camp mentor shall be responsible for leadership and mentoring of campers, providing a safe, enriching, joyful and Christ-centered experience for campers, consistent with Angaza Discovery Camp policies and procedures and the Biblical teachings. The position is directly responsible for the spiritual, social and physical needs of campers for the entire duration of each camp session, and follow-up after the camping sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Fostering an attitude of acceptance, encouragement and inclusion through words and actions.
2. Evangelize, Follow-up and disciple the campers.
3. Lead creative Bible studies for the campers, and participate in all camp activities. Including life skills, creation care, experiential learning, etc…
4. Attend and participate with campers in all scheduled worships, devotions, campfires, meals, evening programs etc.
5. Listen actively when campers share with you and provide opportunities for campers to discover their own personal gifts.
6. Modeling and assisting campers in developing appropriate relationships with staff members and fellow campers.
7. Maintaining an overall awareness of cabin life so as to be ready to respond to any camper’s needs.
8. Review and pay attention to special camper needs and concerns.
9. Working with the nursing staff to see that campers receive all medications and/or treatments on schedule where necessary.
10. Ensure cleaning, maintenance and proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
11. Log events and maintain records relating to the camp activities.
12. Make sure you and campers understand and put into practice the camp rules and follow the emergency and incident procedures.
13. Be present and on time for all staff meetings and participate fully in the total service experience.
14. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Pursue your own spiritual growth by actively pursuing the spiritual disciplines of a Christian life.
• A minimum of a KCSE certificate. Experience in student/youth mentorship an added advantage.
• Must be an active member of a Bible believing church.
• Ability, confidence, and knowledge to lead a small group of youth campers in daily Bible study.
• Willingness and ability to perform a wide variety of functions and help wherever is needed.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), reporting, organization, and leadership skills.
• Proficient in interacting with people of various ages from multi-cultural backgrounds.
• Keen on details and possess analytical and decision making skills.
• Must have initiative, creativity and be able to work with minimal supervision