Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall Job Purpose
The position is responsible for maintaining constant surveillance of campers in the beachfront and acting immediately and appropriately to secure their safety in the event of an emergency. The incumbent will be responsible for assessing risk around beachfront and establishing proper safety measures as well as operation of vehicle to ensure safety in transportation of campers, staff, visitors and goods from various destinations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise campers and provide constant surveillance of beachside activities in order to ensure camper safety
• Perform life saving techniques, C.P.R. and first aid procedures in emergency situations.
• Perform safety and risk assessments of the beachfront and maintain safety mechanisms
• Monitor beachside related activities closely and identify any safety issues
• Direct campers away from the beach in hazardous conditions
• Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of campers
• Provide assistance to campers when appropriate or necessary
• Ensure that the vehicle is maintained per the policies and regulations set by the organization.
• Drive the vehicle for assigned errands and trips in a professional and safe manner.
• Ensure that the vehicle undergoes regular maintenance checks and service and any defects detected are reported to the Supervisor in a timely manner.
• Maintain accurate, up to date records on trip sheets, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and any other reports as requested by management.
• Ensure the vehicle has the necessary statutory requirements and documentation in place; first aid kit, fire extinguisher, inspection certificates etc.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
● A minimum of KCSE certificate
● Current certification as a Lifeguard from a recognized institution
● 2 years relevant experience as a Lifeguard
● Must be a holder of a valid driving license Class ‘ABCE’.
● Training with the National Youth Service will be an added advantage.
● Must have excellent Interpersonal skills
● A Red Cross Certification on first aid or safety will be an added advantage
● Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
● Must be willing to live within the camp premises.
● Ability to react quickly and efficiently in a life-threatening situation.