Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall Job Purpose
The Camp Nurse is responsible for facilitating the safety and wellness of all campers and staff. The incumbent is expected to manage health and safety programs, in conjunction with camp leaders, and serve as a health educator to staff and campers. The Camp Nurse also provides health services to campers and staff, including: prescribing and administering medications, providing first aid, maintaining accurate records, and making appropriate referrals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Manager of Health with help from camp leadership, the Camp Nurse will:
1. Provide education on health issues and disease prevention to campers, staff and the local community.
2. Monitor camp health, hygiene and safety by performing observational assessments and making regular rounds. Report facility and grounds health risks to management.
3. Administer first aid to injured campers or staff, guided by evidence-based practice and nursing judgment.
4. Manage the procurement, storage and use of medical drugs, supplies, and equipment within the discovery camp.
5. Maintain accurate health records that account assessments, diagnostics, treatments, and prescriptions.
6. Establish linkages with the existing county healthcare system.
7. Make appropriate referrals for injury or illness that require a higher level of health services. Accompany referral cases and follow up, as warranted.
8. Complete incident reports and perform follow up.
9. Submit accurate and timely reports to supervisor.
10. Participate in writing the annual work plan for the nursing unit in line with the strategic plan of the discovery camp.
11. Support in the budgeting and budget monitoring process for health programs and treatment activities within the camp.
12. Carry out guidance and counseling to the campers and staff, as deemed necessary.
13. Participate in camp activities and supervise campers.
14. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
• Diploma in Community Health Nursing from a Medical Training College.
• Must have a practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
• Must have experience of at least 3 years in a busy work environment.
• Certificate in Counseling or Psychology will be an added advantage
• Must demonstrate patient management skills and experience in people management.
• High level of motivation, integrity, commitment to Christian values and professionalism.
• Must be willing to live within the camp premises.