Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall Job Purpose
The Mentorship Coordinator shall be responsible for the coordination, mentorship and leadership of the mentors and, ensuring that the camp programs run smoothly. They will also ensure that the camp mentors provide a safe, enriching, joyful and Christ centered experience for the campers, consistent with the Angaza Discovery Camp policies, procedures and biblical teachings. This position is directly responsible for preparation before the camp and effective running of programs during and after the camp. Other responsibilities include planning camping sessions, monitoring their progress, coordinating meetings and overseeing Camp mentors.
Under the guidance of the Camp Leadership the Mentorship Coordinator will:-
1. Facilitate smooth running of the mentorship programs
2. Ensure campers safety and encourage participation and engagement in camp activities.
3. Assess and identify training needs for the mentors.
4. Organize and coordinate training and capacity building for the mentors.
5. Oversee running of the camp programs and assist the camp mentors where necessary to achieve effectiveness.
6. Handle all the cases referred to them by the Camp Mentors.
7. Communicate counseling cases that need specialized attention to the Spiritual Formation Officer.
8. Ensure key information from the camp leadership is communicated to all the respective parties within the camping site.
9. Ensure camp set values, rules and policies are effectively upheld by all respective parties.
10. Attend and participate with campers in all scheduled worships, devotions, campfires, meals, evening programs etc.
11. Ensure Leadership and motivation to the mentors for consistency and progress in the growth of their personal lives.
12. Lead the morning devotions and debriefing sessions for the mentors in the evening.
13. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
● A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Pastoral leadership or Youth Ministry, Guidance and Counseling, Social work or other related.
● A growing Christian with a strong demonstrated commitment to following Jesus Christ.
● An enthusiastic, energetic, and creative in Christian education and spiritual formation leadership
● Experience in student/youth mentorship is an added advantage.
● Must be an active member of a Bible believing church.
● Ability, confidence, and knowledge to lead others in daily Bible study.
● Willingness and ability to perform a wide variety of functions and help wherever is needed.
● Excellent communication (oral and written), reporting, organization, and leadership skills.
● Good interpersonal relations skills
● Keen on details and possess analytical and decision-making skills.
● Must have initiative, creativity and be able to work with minimal supervision.