Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI) formerly Micronutrient Initiative, is a Canadian based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children, and adolescents. NI implements high impact and low-cost nutrition interventions in Africa. The vision of NI is a world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Senior Program Finance Officer, Africa to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
You will have a bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years’ experience in finance in the development sector. Minimum seven years of progressive financial management experience is required. Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant. Minimum 5 years of experience from an International NGO in program / grant management. Skills in financial management and administration skills. Superior interpersonal and people management skills, computer IT skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking ability and working under pressure. Knowledge of Great Plains will be an added advantage.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Providing guidance and serve as a resource person to program, staff in the regional and country office for contracts database.
- Verifying the coding in the Payment Request Forms and check that it agrees with the Contract Database.
- Monitoring the contracts database for the Region on a monthly basis by following up with program staff on all the contracts and milestones that are past their activity date.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual monitoring reports on program spending.
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of the funding approval form, contract approval sheet, payment request form and other related documents received from the country offices in the region.
- Ensuring compliance with established NI policies for the release and approval for signature of legal documents (Grant agreements, consulting contracts, travel letters, extension, and supplement requests).
- Preparing and providing monthly budget variance reports to Finance Director, Project Director and Program staff to ensure program implementation is conducted within the approved budgets.
Deadline for submission: June 22, 2021
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
This contract is up to July 2024 position with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Kenya. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description .