Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Volunteer Behavioural Counselor at Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS)
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is registered under the Kenyan Societies Act and was initiated when the UNIM (Universities of Nairobi, Illinois and Manitoba) randomized controlled trial of male circumcision for reduction of HIV incidence began. NRHS is active in conducting research in reproductive health and HIV prevention and is also active in the implementation of HIV intervention services in Kenya. NRHS has a strong track record and experience in research and in translating research into practice.
Position: Volunteer Behavioral Counsellor
Reports to: Head of programs.
This is an interesting opportunity for a counselor to practice her/his training in an exciting environment. The successful candidate will offer phone-based counselling and referral services as well as in-person follow ups of SGBV cases.
- Offer phone-based counselling services to violence survivors.
- Triage cases and support referrals.
- Maintain logs of both incoming and outgoing calls.
- Follow up cases to the different protection agencies.
- Train caregivers on radio.
- Writing and submitting periodic reports to the head of programs.
- Adhere to all NIGEE policies including policies on child protection, safeguarding, data protection, confidentiality, procurement and financial management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to assist the organisation meet its objective.
Qualifications and experience
- Education: Form 4 Grade C- and above; Certificate in Psychological Counselling from a recognised institution. Prior training on GBV an added advantage.
- Experience: At least one years’ experience in handling SGBV cases, prior experience working with adolescent girls and young women preferred.
- Competencies: Fluency in English, Dholuo and Swahili; good communication and interpersonal skills, good organisational skills, pleasant, collegial in conduct, confidential, able to write reports, ability to multi-task and willing to work long hours to meet deadlines without additional financial compensation
- Terms of employment: Voluntary position; engaged in 3 monthly cycles.
Method of Application
Submit application, complete with cover letter, CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, and current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned.
Finance and Administration Officer,
Nyanza Initiative for Girls Education and Empowerment (NIGEE)
P.O. Box 7979-40100,
or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications may be hand-delivered to
our offices at Ogango,
along Kibos Road,
next to Golden Elites Premier School.