Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its current Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management.
For more information on our operations in Kenya and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been engaged by various donors to reach millions of people by executing programmes in agriculture, renewable energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene). In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties in Kenya. The SNV country office is located in Nairobi but a lot of activities are implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki, and other locations within the country.
Reporting to the Country Finance and Support Services Manager, the Contracting & Procurement Officer will monitor and support the correct execution of the recently upgraded procurement policy and its underlying procedures. The work location is Nairobi with incidental travel to field offices.
- Adopt and own SNV Kenya’s contracting & procurement policy, procedures and practices.
- Adopt all related policies.
- Identify and recommend on the implementation of the contracting & procurement policy and underlying procedures, practices and training to build capacity and strengthen the operational systems related to contracting & procurement.
- Initiate and facilitate training and mentoring of staff member(s) on the contracting & procurement policy, procedures and practices.
- Support contracting & procurement processes as a contracting & procurement officer and advisor.
- Support contracting & procurement processes as a procurement committee member.
- Plan, monitor and report on all procurement processes.
- Ensure special attention is given to procurement planning, maintaining the vendor/supplier database, pre-qualification program and framework agreements.
- Advise management on gaps, adherence and improvement measures.
- Master’s degree in business management or related field.
- Professional qualifications like CPSP-K (IV) or CIPS.
- Expert knowledge of and skills in contracting & procurement.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience with an international non-governmental organisation.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in project organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highest level of integrity.
Initially one year with possibility of extension.
Expected start date
01 August 2021
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 16th June 2021, attaching your CV and cover letter indicating names of three (3) referees. All responses should be made in English.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment