Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerators; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
As a maintenance fellow, you will work closely with the plant operations maintenance technical team with the objective of developing your skills and competencies to be successful in plant maintenance. The internship involves hands-on experience which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development.
Throughout the internship period, it is expected that you will gain valuable experience in planning and coordination of autonomous maintenance, machine diagnosis and problem-solving, facilities management, BM data collection, and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in daily AM checks in the Greenhouses (check the condition of the beds, the floor and drainage system, lighting, power DB, AHUs, NH3 sensors, and the status of the doors)
- Escalate issues that require the attention of the AMM for immediate resolution
- Capture and log in all breakdowns in the maintenance data log (machine, downtime incurred, root cause of breakdown)
- Work with the facilities technician in maintaining the facilities grounds and machines (cleanliness, civil repairs, and building maintenance services)
- Work with the factory technicians in maintaining the factory machines (AM, PM, BM)
- Undertake any other activity assigned by the Assistant Maintenance Manager
- Learn, observe and practice a variety of experiences in our factory.
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding, and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Articulate with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed, detailed, proactive, and motivated team member
- Keen interest in plant maintenance operations with challenging activities
- A positive attitude that leads to building strong working relationships with teammates
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/electrical/civil engineering or a related field
- At least 1-year of postgraduate experience working in a manufacturing or processing industry
- Computer proficiency in using MS applications is an added advantage
18th June 2021